We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and Fly (no hotel)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Park and Fly (no hotel)

I am looking for suggestions for the best park and fly option at Detroit Airport. We are not staying overnight in a hotel, simply looking for a park/fly option that is safe and reasonably priced for 6 days.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and Fly (no hotel)

Use any of the off-airport lots (US Park, Airlines or Quik). They all have website coupons for $8/day as I am pretty sure they are all owned by the same company.

http://www.us-park.com/coupons/

http://airlinesparking.com/coupons/

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and Fly (no hotel)

Have the same question so to add on to the OP's question...Given that the three suggested lots are the same price when using their coupons, is one lot a better choice than the others? For instance, shorter distance/shuttle time to the airport, more shuttles, better drop-off location, less wait for shuttles, etc?

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and Fly (no hotel)

I like US Park. Always have had pleasant drivers and it seems like the shuttles come around more often.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and Fly (no hotel)

Distance/time is the same. US is on Middlebelt while the other two are across the street from each other on Merriman. US uses shuttles where you have to haul your bags up the steps, while Airlines uses vans where the driver loads your bags in the back. I'm pretty sure Quik is the same as Airlines, but it has been a long time since I parked there. If you have lots of heavy bags, Airlines might be your better option.

I've never noticed a difference in quality of driver or time to pick up. I've been using Airlines mainly because we have a corporate lot with parking up front. There has been a shuttle waiting at the terminal at my last three returns, yet Murphy's law says the one time you are in a big hurry your shuttle will be late.

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park and Fly (no hotel)

Thanks for the replies. Have decided on US Park because I actually like keeping my luggage with me (not super heavy).

6. Re: Park and Fly (no hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 04, 2014