We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best fares from Ontario/Burbank to Detroit

Los Angeles
8 posts
Save Topic
Best fares from Ontario/Burbank to Detroit

Found out yesterday that six of us (three adults, one senior, and two children) will need to travel from L.A. to Detroit early in November, and I've been put in charge of obtaining plane tickets. Can anyone tell me which airline generally has the best fares? We'd prefer to travel out of Ontario, but if Burbank is cheaper, we'd go for that instead. We really don't want to have to go to LAX. Would I be better off price-wise booking through the internet, or calling the airline directly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best fares from Ontario/Burbank to Detroit

DTW is a hub for Northwest Airlines, Hestonian, so the VAST majority of California flights into Detroit will be through NWA. But Southwest, AirWest, Continental and a number of others fly in to Motown also.

You'll need to shop the fares, but the quick look I gave to Southwest, showed the widest ranges in fare structure and a fair amount of departures. You'll get a break on the price of the children's tickets also.

When booking, ask if your party can get a group ticket price, because of the number of people flying together.

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best fares from Ontario/Burbank to Detroit

Thanks, Jimmyk. I 'll check out Southwest and see if I can get in on any of their internet specials.