We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

I'm thinking about chancing it and going to the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game without tickets. Has anyone ever bought tickets on the streets? What did you end up paying for them?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,575 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

They are there...it depends on the game.

Most games are sold out but for a game vs a last place big ten team tickets will be close to face value.

For Notre Dame or Ohio State...look for probably 5 times or higher face value.

BTW, it is illegal in Michigan to scalp tickets, it happens but people do get caught and the tickets taken away.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

Even tho' ND fans are the most superior and obnoxious fans in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE, (worse than Red Sox & Yankee fans)the game between UM and ND this year will be a yawner. Use the tickets you already have beckster, and don't look back.

Boston
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

jimmy....ouch. harsh dig on the sox fans. Brightonbill a familiar name from the Hawaii board....

For the past 5 years I've made it to one UM home game a season. Tix are pretty tough to come by if you can't get them when they go on sale to the public and big games don't even make it to public sale.

BB's prices are about right. The first couple years (Minnesota & Iowa games) we got tix for just over double face from a scalper before the game. I don't recall running into many scalpers the past couple years, but I haven't been looking as we now get our tix ahead of time.

Check out ebay. There is an ebay seller who's prices are far better than most agents. I got decently priced tix for the OSU game from them this year. I just hope they show up!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

Sorry, jammers.

It's my Tiger fan frustration working overtime.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

Yes. You are going to have a hard time on this one. As mentioned the Notre Dame game is after Ohio State the most popular. If you find one your gonna pay big time or at least I think so. If possible check around the Ann Arbor newspaper perhaps someone will be selling. Good Luck.

Alot easier to obtain a ticket for a non- conference game (other than ND) .

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scalpers at Michigan Stadium

Well, I bought tickets! I got them off ebay for $250. They're in the end zone, high up, but I don't care! My husband's going to LOVE it! I'm very excited as well. It seems ticket prices are dropping since the tickets first went on sale. Tickets were up around $500/pair. AWESOME! I'm so excited!!!