We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delano, Minnesota
Level Contributor
125 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

Looking for family restaurants within walking distance from comerica park. thanks in advance.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

are you coming this weekend for the NCAA tournament or opening day? If so everything is going to be packed. Does that work or are you looking for a quieter less party like atmosphere? There are a lot of coney islands in the area.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

There are many bars in that area, it's not really a family restaurant type area. The previous poster suggested coney islands in the area. I have taken my nephews to Hockeytown Cafe and Cheli's in the past, yes they are bars but they offer nice menu choices and have a lot of seating.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

You could head to Greektown. There are several choices there including PizzaPapolis and Nikki's Pizza. Another option is the Hard Rock Cafe on Monroe at Campus Martius. Either would be about 4-5 blocks from Comerica Park.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

Johnny Rockets

d8n
Oxford, MI
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

There are a lot of choices inside the park. My favorite is the Montgomery Inn in centerfield (great barbecue and you can sit down at a table to eat). Hockeytown Cafe is a restaurant/bar right next door to Comerica Park and is usually family friendly (not on Opening Day or post game). When do you plan to visit?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

Are you coming for the Twins games?

As everyone else has said here, the area around the park is jammed before and after the game.

Another suggestion is Detroit Beer Company, near the Opera House. It's a micro-brewery, but it's family friendly with good food.

Portland, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

Nestled between Comerica Park and Ford Field on the corner of Adams St and Brush St. is the Elwood Bar & Grill http://www.elwoodgrill.com/index.html A great place ot eat before a Tiger's game food is good. Get there early if going before a Tiger's game because the fill up fast.

Hockey Town across Woodward Ave form Comerica is good food, a little pricey, but good, they get really busy before games too so arrive early.

If you are going to a Tiger's game be prepared for traffic issues due to construction on I-75 and I-275. Check the MDOT website for more info before you go.

mdotwas1.mdot.state.mi.us/public/LaneClosure/ or for Detroit traffic

…state.mi.us/public/drive/rtt.cfm

8. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants Near Comerica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 24, 2009