We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Michigan vacation

michigan
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Best Michigan vacation

Where do you think is the best place to vacation in Michigan

and why.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,803 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Best Michigan vacation

I like the Charlevoix, Petosky, Harbor Springs area. Beautiful scenery, great golf, friendly towns, very relaxing.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,803 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Oh and lots of good restaurants. : )

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Best Michigan vacation

I also like Harbor Springs.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
269 reviews
4. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Any particular reason for posting this question under Cheboygan?

michigan
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Posted under Cheboygan 'coz that's where we like to go

along with T.C., just wanted to know where others like to

go for some new ideas on other places to go.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Best Michigan vacation

We also went to Tawas one year and enjoyed it.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Indian River...great little up and coming town...still kind of hickish, but the best location in Michigan right between Burt and Mullett Lakes on the Inland Waterway. Great cheap restaurants and up north style bars, nice people, unbeatable beach and boating in the summer, great snowmobiling in the winter, nice golf, etc, etc, etc. You don't hear a lot about Indian River, but I wouldn't hesitate to check it out for a getaway!

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
284 reviews
8. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Copper Harbor....great camping, the Harbor Haus restaurant, plus miles and miles and miles of unspoiled and undeveloped coastline. The hiking and kayaking is tops there.

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
128 posts
171 reviews
9. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Best place? That's sooo subjective. And there is sooo many good places. I have yet to find a place outside of SE Michigan that I have vacationed and not liked for one (or more) reasons or another.

Historic feel / throwback times: Mackinac Island - hands down! No cars allowed, history, history, history. 17-1800's re-enactments.

Crowd watching / national festival activities: National Cherry Festival in Traverse City. Air show, fireworks, live entertainment, parades, battle of the bands (at least they used to have a battle of the marching bands), ...

One of kind place: Sleeping Bear National Park. Climbing dunes, Scenic drive, 400+ dune right up an out of Lake Michigan. ( your jaw will be wide open when you see it)http://www.nps.gov/archive/slbe/pssd.htm leelanau.com/dunes/…pierce-stocking.shtml and

Get away from it all / see nature, ..: nearly any place in the U.P. That's not to say the 'yoopers' down have modernization, but so much of the U.P. is unspoiled and is still the way God designed it.

Tight knit community: Beaver Island.

Most Beautiful lake: Torch Lake. Always changing colors. Drives painters crazy!

Never been but on my list: Isle Royale.

Pull out a map of Michigan, both penninsulas, stick a pin in it, anywhere, and we can give you reasons why to vacation there. And that includes Detroit.

michigan
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Best Michigan vacation

Thankyou everyone for your great suggestions!

And 69 Mach1, my jaw did drop and drool!

Get answers to your questions about Cheboygan