We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venetian Festival

Which Charlevoix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Venetian Festival

My husband and I are planning a trip to Charlevoix with our two young children (4 yrs. and 2 yrs.) the week of July 21. We've never been there before. We've just discovered that the Venetian Festival will also be going on during this time. Can anyone tell me if this festival is an appropriate place for young children? Will there be a lot drinking and partying going on? (That is obviously something we wouldn't want to expose our kids to.) Thanks in advance for your help!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venetian Festival

The Venetian Festival is a family festival in Charlevoix. Will there be any alcohol consumed? I am sure there will be by some but I doubt there will be massive partying in the streets with drunken tourists. If you check out the Venetian Festival website you will see that it is a festival geared toward families. http://www.venetianfestival.com/

Now, if you choose to stay out very late at night and walk around downtown at that hour, you may see some people who have been partying a bit too hard, but absent that you should be fine.

I am excited to be in Charlevoix during the festival this year. My kids like the rides and the kid friendly concerts and so do I! Moms

Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venetian Festival

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! I have been to the festival's website, and it looked pretty family-friendly, but having never been there before I wanted to be sure. We are not night owls, so the late-night scene will not be an issue for us. Thanks!

3. Re: Venetian Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:32 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix