We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in mid oct

Bolingbrook...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weather in mid oct

Hi My family was thinking of coming up to Boyne Falls, Mi in mid October. I was wondering how the weather is and is this the right time of year to come see fall foliage? I realize nothing is a guarantee with Mother Nature but at least this will give me some idea of the past weather years.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in mid oct

We go to Charlevoix (probably 30 miles away) every year the first weekend in Oct. It is usually on the early side of the color. Weather can vary. In the last eighteen years it has snowed twice : ( , rained the whole weekend once : ( , rained one of the three days several times, but for the most part it has been sunny and very pleasant, a little on the cool side at night, but 50' s 60's even 70's. I watch weather.com and look at their 10day forcast, and I think acccuweather.com has a 15 day. I have noticed the foliage can be at different stages depending on whether you're near the Lake MI or inland. Good luck.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in mid oct

As Rono says, odds are that it will be pleasent but cool.

In recent year, the timing of foliage has become much more varied, but your timing is probably good.

3. Re: weather in mid oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Boyne Falls