We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a place to leave my car overnight

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
need a place to leave my car overnight

I have a friend who is driving down from NH on 190/290 to meet me on the Mass Pike. We want to leave my car overnight and head to NYC via rte 84. Any place I can leave me car for one night that is safe. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need a place to leave my car overnight

I'd look for hotels nearby and ask them if you can leave your car for a fee. It would have some measure of security that way.

Maybe someone in the area will have a better idea.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a place to leave my car overnight

ting's suggestion is spot on with asking to park at a hotel lot. That's the right thing to do. But I'll mention that there are a number of major chain motels in Sturbridge that are just off the highway at the 84 and Mass Pike junction (Super 8, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, etc) that have huge parking lots and I doubt they would notice who parked there. It's not a premium parking area and I doubt the lots ever come close to filling up.

Don't flame me, but that's probably what I would do. Perhaps there are some with a shared restaurant and hotel parking. You could eat a meal and not feel quite as guilty.

Mentioned in this post
Sturbridge
Sturbridge
Massachusetts
Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need a place to leave my car overnight

thks, I will call and inquire about a fee as they usually check the license plates of cars in the lot. At least if they are smart.

4. Re: need a place to leave my car overnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 06, 2014