We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn? Need fast replies--thanks!

Which Worcester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn? Need fast replies--thanks!

I am planning to attend the Worcester irish Festival this weekend at Finnegan's on Temple St. Both of these hotels seem close to that area. Maybe next door to each other?

The Hilton Garden inn has a $99 special rate for this event, but there are so less-than-good reviews about this hotel, which surprised me for a Hilton. Is the parking garage really across the street?

On the other hand, the Hampton Inn got better feedback but is a lower level hotel and would cost $50 more, even with a AAA discount.

Any experts out there who can comment? I tried the Marriott Residence Hotel but it's full and the Crowne Plaza only has a king bed (I need 2 beds). Suggestions would be great! Thank you

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? Is this a safe area or bad neighborhood? Thanks!!!

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn? Need fast replies--thanks!

the hotels are both downtown and close to Temple Street - I would go with the Hilton although there is not much doing near either one. The Hampton Inn is next to a housing project; the Hilton next to the City Convention center.

Did you try Courtyard by Marriott on Grove Street? It's close to the art museum it's a little further away but still close to Temple Street. I think it's a little nicer than the Hampton Inn.

jhgrady

Boston
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn? Need fast replies--thanks!

The Marriott didn't have any rooms but thanks for the suggestion. We'll probably just stay at the Hilton. It's only for one night and we don't care about what's around there because we'll be attending the Irish festival. We were more concerned about safety issues.

Thanks for your reply!!!

3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn? Need fast replies--thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 07, 2010