We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route these days?

NJ
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best route these days?

Will be heading to Woods Hole in a few weeks from NJ and wondering what traffic is like these days on Route 95. Last year, took the 84 to Mass Pike (90) to 495 route to avoid 95 completely. Went well, except for construction backup on 90.

Should I skip 95 again this year? Will be travelling on a Monday, so less concern than weekend travel. Any construction to worry about on 90?

thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route these days?

There is construction being done on 95 Southbound from above Dedham to the 95/93 split (about 3 miles). But if you travel outside of rush hour on a Monday, you should be ok. I travel from above the Pike to the 95/93 split everyday and can't think of anything other than that. I have also very recently had to travel from 93 in Boston back to 95 and there was also some construction on the ramp to 95/93 coming FROM Boston. What's below that on the way to the Cape, maybe someone else will chime in.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route these days?

There's construction on 84 East (and West) around the Stafford Springs area and there's also some construction going on on 495. This all seems to start after 7 p.m. or so. Nothing on Mass. Pike. Monday should be ok if you drive through these areas before 7:00.

3. Re: Best route these days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 06, 2009