We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocky King?

Boston
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rocky King?

A guest at our cottage asked about going to the Sand Bar at the LightHouse Innn-

Is Rocky King still entertaining there? - We have been going there for over 25 years - and didn't seen his name on the sign in front of the Sand Bar when we were there over the 4th. Hope he is still around.

Mentioned in this post
The Sand Bar
The Sand Bar
30 Reviews
West Dennis, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocky King?

Hello Carrie,

If you haven't booked your South of France cruise yet on the River Royale you may still be able to do so and get the FREE airfare on cruises from Oct. 11 - Nov. 1.

This is the inaugeral season for this river cruiser and she has gotten rave reviews since her first cruise in April.

I have another $$$ saving idea if you haven't booked yet. Let me know if I can give you more input.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocky King?

Rocky is listed on the Lighthouse Inn / Sand Dollar Web site - Wed- thru Saturday .

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocky King?

Hi Carrie,

Bumping this up in hopes that you'll see it. We have a lot in common owning homes that we rent out in Dennis and then I work for the European river cruise co. that owns River Royale and therefore my interest in what you did there.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocky King?

bump

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rocky King?

bump

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rocky King?

Okay, here's the scoop. We were at the Lighthouse Inn and say the notice saying that, after 47 years entertaining at the Sand Bar, he was retiring. But that he would come back occassionally during the 2006 summer season and that he would perform two nights during Labor Day weekend.

We wanted to go but.....

Guess we missed seeing a bit of what's now history but you just can't do it all.

Mentioned in this post
The Sand Bar
The Sand Bar
30 Reviews
West Dennis, MA
New England
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rocky King?

Hi

I am happy to report we just saw Rocky Saturday the 9th at the sand bar west dennis beach.

He was great ! We took our mother and watched his entire show. He even autographed his CD to my mother. Needless to say the place was packed and we had to share our table with a few other people.

My boyfriend has been a long time fan and has been waiting for his return after his illness. We check the website but I have to say it wasn't posted that he was playing that weekend so he was upset. We drove by the place to make sure and his name was on the billboard.

He ususally leaves to florida after the columbus day so if you want to see him you better hurry! I really hope he returns next year because he is just a wonderful, corny, funny part of our summers in Dennisport.

God Bless him!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rocky King?

He played Sat. night..big topic of conversation at a wedding I did a catering gig at...

9. Re: Rocky King?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 23, 2009