We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on Mondays?

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on Mondays?

My husband and I will be leaving Old Sturbridge Village around 4 or so on Monday, driving up to Danvers, and thought we'd try to avoid the rush hour traffic by having dinner before we reach the I-95 and bumper-to-bumper traffic (hopefully missing the traffic). I was looking at Trip Advisor for restaurants and discovered that pretty much ALL restaurants are closed on Mondays?!?! We have no intention of driving in to Boston. Does anyone have a suggestion for where we can eat on a Monday that doesn't involve going in to a grocery store and finding something, or fast food? We're flying out from Washington state and will be in a rental car. Don't know the area. And I'm a vegetarian who also hates seafood.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on Mondays?

How about the Publick House in Sturbridge? I haven't eaten there in many years, but I recall looking on TA recently for someone and the reviews were good. Open Mondays and I noticed (but didn't check) a vegetarian menu.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,096 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on Mondays?

There are many restaurants near the Natick/Rt. 30 exit of the Mass. Turnpike. There is the usual fast food and many chain restaurants. You can search for the list which ranges from the Olive Garden to Joe's American Bar and Grille and everything in-between.

For you, and I don't know about your husband, I can recommend an excellent vegetarian restaurant very near where you exit the Pike. It's called Green Leaf Vegetarian and Vegan restaurant and has extremely interesting and tasty food. I say this as a non-vegetarian who often meets a friend there for lunch but I can highly recommend the restaurant. They do not serve liquor (unfortunately) if that is a consideration. http://greenleafveg.com

They are are located in a small strip mall. Google the directions to their address. That exit would be about an hour from Sturbridge. Rt. 95 is about 20 minutes from the Natick exit but you can linger awhile over dinner. They don't rush you.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on Mondays?

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I thought I'd looked at the Publick House, but obviously not. And now that I've looked at all the menus - I'm starved! I can even see some things at the Green Leaf Vegetarian restaurant that my husband will eat.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on Mondays?

There ys, a vegetarian menu and it offers excellent lunches..highly recommend for food and ambience

5. Re: Restaurants on Mondays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 18, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Sturbridge