We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skipper Restaurant - beach

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Skipper Restaurant - beach

I was on the web site for Skipper Restaurant in South Yarmouth and it looks like it's across the street from a beach. Is that a public beach? Can I park nearby and spend the day on that beach or isn't it that nice?? I wanted to try lunch there and like the idea of being able to walk over from the beach then head back to the beach for the rest of the day.

Thanks!!

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skipper Restaurant - beach

Yes it is right across the street from Parkers River Beach which is the same south facing beach (Nantucket Sound) as all of the other beaches and hotels along that strip. You can pay to park in that parking lot (or if you have a Yarmouth Beach pass for free) and at lunch just walk across the street.

If you just want to eat there, you can park at the restaurant for free (maybe take a quick walk across the street to see the beach but not spend the whole day)

It is actually a nice little place for lunch....nice views of the water from their upstairs/outside deck tables.

2. Re: Skipper Restaurant - beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 08, 2011
Get answers to your questions about South Yarmouth