We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night stay

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colchester
Level Contributor
169 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
one night stay

We are comung to the Cape & staying here for one night in late March. We would like to hear about Somerset House & any restaurant recommendations anyone may have.

Thanks

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night stay

What's your budget? What kind of food are you looking for?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one night stay

I haven't stayed at Somerset House, but know people who have and they have enjoyed it. For food, it depends on what you like and what your price range is. In March, there will not be that many places open. From the east end westward on Commercial St., the places I would consider are Fanizzi's (on the water, popular with locals), Ciro & Sal's (trad. red sauce Italian, good food and great atmosphere), the Mews (upstairs, highly recommended), Napi's (Freeman St., I think it's over rated but people really like it), Lobster Pot (good, not great seafood), Ross's Grill (highly recommended), Enzo (trendy Italian, may not be open), Martin House (expensive, under new management, not sure of quality), and Lorraine's (good Mexican). There are other places but these are the ones I think are best.

colchester
Level Contributor
169 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night stay

Thanks for the info. We are interested in seafood & budget 50 dollars without wine

boston, ma
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one night stay

Most of the restaurants I listed above have entrees in the range of mid-teens to low twenties. Martin House is probably out for your budget. Most Ptown restaurants have fish on the menu. Somehow, even though I think of some as more expensive than others, there's not that much difference in the final bill. Fanizzi is probably the least expensive of the group. One additional place if cost is concern is Michael Shays, out of town at the interesection of Commercial St. and Bradford St. (rte. 6A). I don't really think the quality is as good as the others, but it's popular and not bad.

Boston
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one night stay

I've never stayed there, but I know lots who have. They all rave about the place. I hear they have a cocktail hour in the evening also.

6. Re: one night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown