We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sleepy Hollow, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

We are throwing a bachelorette party for my friend in Provincetown. My mom lives in Orleans, and we figured it would be a really fun girls weekend to get away and go to Provincetown to party a bit. I realize that Provincetown is very inclusive of all types of people, but I also would like to avoid offending anyone with a straight bachelorette party. IE; I don't want to bring everyone to a gay club, where gay people are trying to have a good time and here comes a bunch of (mildly) drunk straight girls in tiaras. We are in our late 20s, so we aren't looking to black out, but we are looking for a good time. Any suggestions for the best restaurants for dinner? Bars for drinking? Shows? Karaoke?

I'm just trying to be respectful to the gay community while also offering my straight girlriends and really fun time in a city that I love!

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
47 reviews
11. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

Bobby Wetherbee - a pianist at the Crown & Anchor was my highlight of Provincetown, i recommend trying to catch one of his shows!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
14 reviews
12. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

Important to note... Bobby Wetherbee at the Crown & Anchor is a 'free' show in the bar, he puts on an amazing show, drinks a few jokes and some songs require a sing-a-long!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
112 reviews
13. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

While you might have already gone and/or already booked all the things you intend to do, I firstly wanted to thank you for being one of the thoughtful types who considers the feelings of others as well as those of your comrades to ensure all involved have a great time. I agree with all the above about the Governor Bradford's karaoke, but there are also classier venues that can be enjoyed by all (Wave Bar at the Crown & Anchor, Aqua Bar in the Aquarium Mall (great view, really mellow), Club Velvet (up above the Ben & Jerrys), and any show performed at the Art House, Post Office Cabaret (they FINALLY got rid of Naked Boys Singing!!!), Crown and Anchor, or even the Provincetown Theatre if a comedy is playing.

The Atlantic House/AHouse and Club Purgatory at the Gifford House I would avoid completely, but the porch bar at the Gifford House is open to all and very mellow.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
209 reviews
14. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

A recent issue of the Provincetown Banner had a great cartoon on the editorial page showing exactly what many Provincetowners think about "bachelorette parties!"

15. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 05, 2014