We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do...10 adults...

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
What to do...10 adults...

I've never been to P-Town but have heard of its beauty. I am looking for the fun spots. What can we do? Can we drink on the beach?

There is about 10 adults between the ages of 26-30... So 5 couples. None of us are gay but looking for something different to do than our typical summer weekend getaways. We love to have fun and party.

Can anyone help?!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,297 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do...10 adults...

It's not so much what to do but what to choose. Just walk down Commercial St. and see what tickles your fancy. You'll surely hear what others enjoy in postings soon.

Edited: 9:19 pm, May 28, 2013
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do...10 adults...

I believe that alcohol is acceptable at National Seashore beaches. There might be some prohibition on glass bottles.

What do you like to do besides have fun and party? That is all you mentioned. Are you interested in history, biking, nature walks, shopping, art? Those are all readily available in Provincetown

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do...10 adults...

I would have to say most of the bars/clubs are gay/lesbian. I believe the Governor Bradford is more of a mixed crowd but it's more of a bar with karaoke.

You will be more than welcome at any of the bars/clubs though.

Tea Dance is from 4-7 at the Boat Slip which is big happy hour event with dancing and a large hangout outside on the rear deck. You guys will most likely enjoy this as its pretty popular.

Evenings after 10 - you can try the Paramount (dance Club), A House (dance club) or the Wave bar which is bar/small club. Many of the restaurants have bars if you are looking to sit and drink and relax.

After 1 Am there's usually a large gathering at Spiritus Pizza.

Again, many of these things are catered to Gay men but give it a try - you guys will be welcome

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do...10 adults...

You can also try the Porch Bar at the Gifford House. Across the Street is also a low key bar at the Brass Key.

Check out the drag shows at the Crown and Anchor.

If you are looking to relax at night, request a pass from the ranger station at Race point during the day to make a barn fire at night at either Herring Cove or Race point beaches - it's free. Get wood from Stop and Shop.

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do...10 adults...

We don't mind the gay crowds at all. We are really looking for something more relaxing and down low. We mainly want to be by the beach and have drinks and probably some night life. We are looking to rent a house as well... I don't know if anyone has done that before at PTown and have any good leads. Money isn't really an issue but we also don't want to spend a ton of it. We have several other trips booked this year so we want to keep it simple :)

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do...10 adults...

Sure, lots of people have rented houses in Provincetown, but you will need a large house for 10 people. Contact one of the many real estate companies in town or see the following website:

http://www.weneedavacation.com/

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do...10 adults...

I took having fun and partying and looking for fun spots as going out and living it up, not relaxing and being down low... my bad?????

Edited: 3:18 pm, May 29, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do...10 adults...

We don't mind the gay crowds at all. We are really looking for something more relaxing and down low. We mainly want to be by the beach and have drinks and probably some night life. We are looking to rent a house as well... I don't know if anyone has done that before at PTown and have any good leads. Money isn't really an issue but we also don't want to spend a ton of it. We have several other trips booked this year so we want to keep it simple :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do...10 adults...

You are right ... And by that I was explaining the type of people we are. Even if we are on the beach just drinking we have a blast. And like I said we do intend on doing SOME night life. Our main goal is to pretty much day drink by the beach and go out once or twice.

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do...10 adults...

And I appreciate all your information... Very helpful. I also meant that I didn't know if PTown is the place for us so I wanted to give a little bit of background on the type of people we are. I didn't know if PTown had a great variety of stuff to do

Get answers to your questions about Provincetown