We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

We are planning a trip to Provincetown- one from SF, and one from London...how much time do we need to get from our flights into Boston to Cape air?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

I'm afraid you are going to have to figure this out yourselves, based on what you're comfortable with. From London, you need to get your luggage, go through customs, take a shuttle to a different terminal. You tell me how long it will take if the last step is 15 minutes? Then make sure you have added time to ensure you need to make your flight and go through security there. It's impossible for us to really do this for you. Pretend it's like San Francisco (which it is).

SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

Thank you- that is helpful!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

Just to follow up on AlanM's advice, the airport in Boston is generally set up so that you need to exit and re-clear security when going from one terminal to another. Cape Air, which runs the service to PVC, operates out of Terminal C, so the person coming in from SF will have a same-terminal connection if traveling on United or Jet Blue. All international arrivals come into Terminal E.

Cape Air tends to be a relatively flexible airline. Your best bet might be to book a relatively late departure, just to be conservative about the connection time. Then if you are fortunate enough to be running ahead of schedule, Cape Air just may (though not guaranteed) send you on the earlier flight if space is available.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

Just curious -- have you flown in a small plane before? The views of the Cape are fantastic, but depending on the weather, it can be a very bumpy ride.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

It sounds like you have made up your mind to fly from Boston to Provincetown but have you considered alternatives like renting a car, taking a bus or ferry? You have several options that warrant exploring. Take a look at www.smartguide.org/travelplanner2007.asp for some specifics

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

I agree with Yellowbird that you should consider all the options. I've done everything except the ferry, and based on my experience, renting a car is the most economical and convenient way to get there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

Clearing customs at logan can vary on the time of day you arrive. The first BA arrivial can take anywhere from 20 minutes to about an hour. The 215 flight can take up to 90 minutes. Getting to another terminal takes no longer then 15 minutes.

I like the idea of flying to P town.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

Because of possible flight delays and miniscule timelines for Cape Air, it might prove most affordable and accessible to rent a car (Boston to P-town isn't that bad a drive). The car rental places will have much better hours and fluidity, and you won't find yourselves at the mercy of another's timetable should any delays occur. The high speed ferry, while convenient, isn't inexpensive. The car rental is probably the least expensive of the three options.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

I agree. Your best bet is to drive from Logan to P-town. Depending on the time of day it will take you 2 1/2 to 3 hours, to drive door to door.

10. Re: Flight from Boston Logan to PVC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown