We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Eat - Ptown?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Eat - Ptown?

My recs for casual eating in Provincetown 2011: …blogspot.com/2011/08/food-field-trip-cape-c…

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

Of all the places you recommend for dinner, you pick the Squealing Pig?

And Connie's Bakery for breakfast for a basic breakfast sandwich on good bread?

Though you are entitled to your own opinion, I am quite baffled by your picks. If I was writing a blog and giving recommendations to new comers, these would be at the bottom of the list.

I consider all restaurants in Ptown casual. Certainly no one dressed up. If you meant affordable, maybe I can see your point. But Still....

Edited: 1:43 pm, August 03, 2011
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

Well, don't keep us in suspense. Where's your list?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

My opinion is the following:

For breakfast:

-Best omelets and excellent eggs benedict are at Cafe Heaven.

-Best french toast and huevos rancheros are at Chach. Just came back from 10 days at Ptown and ate breakfast 5 of those ten days at Chach

For Lunch:

-Excellent fresh, inexpensive sandwiches are at Relish (also try their cupcakes).

-I have had some good cocktails and burgers and fish/chips at Patio.

-Nice chowder in a bread bowl at the Lobster pot.

-Burger Queen offers some inexpensive quick bites.

-Bubulas - great people watching. I love the fajitas and fish tacos. Burgers are great too.

Dinner - the list can go on and on:

-I have found the most consistently delicious food to be at Front Street. In all my years or dining at Ptown, I have always left Front Street raving.

-Victors has always been fun and delicious. Excellent raw bar and fun tapas dishes.

-Lobster Pot has some of the freshest seafood and raw oyster albeit a bit touristy,

-Red Inn is probably the most elegant and scenic but the food, though good, isn't so good to warrant the prices. Still a great restaurant.

-For those on a budget, Frappo66 offers cafeteria style but don't be fooled - the food is excellent and they give generous portions.

-Fanizzi's has a great view and is very family friendly. Service is decent but sometimes there are long delays in getting the food out.

-Devon's, though one of he priciest places, serves excellent gourmet meals.

-When you eat at the bottom floor at The Mews, you feel as though you are sitting on the beach. They have over 200 brands of vodka and the cocktails are great. Food is very good.

Desert:

Purple Feather offers a HUGE variety of deserts from truffles, to cakes to gelatto...

Joe's is a coffee shop that bakes their own goodies - great cookies and wonderful coffee

Edited: 5:27 pm, August 03, 2011
Boston...
Level Contributor
956 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

I always get a kick out of Burger Queen :-) heheh Provincetown's version of Burger King (I joke) :P (I Kid I kid) :PPPP

the burgers were good though :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
956 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

Burger Queen

Lobster Pot

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

My picks...Ross's Grill for lunch..Aquabar for raw bar and view, Mews or Fanzini's for dinner, Lobster Pot for soups of all kinds, Portuguese Bakery for bread, Malasada's and sweet treats and dying to try Karoo Kafe...rave reviews..

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

As everywhere in Provincetown qualifies as "casual", I wonder if the best adjectives would have been "frugal" and/or "quick"...?

For breakfast, on the quick and cheap, both Lands End and Relish put out a good assortment. Joes and Wired Puppy both put out sandwiches and pastries. Post Office Cafe is inexpensive, and Cafe Heaven is really good, despite both having some obnoxious staff members. Michael Shays is solid. Cafe Edwige, although pricier, is great.

For Lunch: Bubalas, Ross Grill, Box Lunch, Burger Queen, Frappo66, Relish, Lands End, John's Food stand, Lucky Dog, Bayside Betsy's, or the grills at either pool, are good options.

For Dinner: Frappo66, Burger Queen, John's, Lucky Dog - all inexpensive & solid. Front Street, Mews, Victor's, Edwige, Napi's, and Ross Grill - all very good but pricier.

For snacks/etc.: I Dream of Gelato, Purple Feather, Relish (amazing cupcakes), Lands End (amazing buttermilk cinnamon rolls), Cabot Candy for fudge & taffy, Portugese bakery for Portugese specialties and standard bakery fare, Connie's for some true indulgences, and the place in the front of Whaler's Wharf for roasted nuts, homemade cookies, and in season, the best Belgian Waffles I've ever had.

For drinks: Lorraine's for tequila, Mews for vodka, Edwige for infused cocktails, Ross Grill & Front Street for wine, Way Downtown for mojitos, Squealing Pig for beer/microbrews.

I hope this (added with the comments above) helps the unfamiliar traveler know there are a LOT of great choices in P-town, and not all need bankrupt you.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,817 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

I love the Post Office Cafe for breakfast but for a breakfast spot it's not cheap. My family of 4 pays "dinner prices" to eat breakfast there, but we love every minute of it and it's "tradition" for us ... and a once or twice a year 'splurge'.

Boston...
Level Contributor
956 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

Just curious why no one likes Connie's bakery, are they bad or something?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,817 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Eat - Ptown?

I went to Connie's Bakery many years ago when it shared the space with Clem and Ursie on Shankpainter Road and I got cake and it was good. Then they moved and it was sort of "out of site, out of mind". Now that they are "downtown", it's may be time to give it another look ---

Get answers to your questions about Provincetown