We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B in Provincetown

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
B&B in Provincetown

We will be doing an overnight trip to Provincetown in July and we are looking for a good Bed and Breakfast to stay at. I've been reading tons of reviews online and there are just so many choices. Could anyone please give me some advice on a good place for us to stay? We are a straight couple in our late 30's and we plan to go to Provincetown for a romantic getaway. We would like to go to the beach, shop, go to a nice dinner and maybe hit a bar with some live music in the evening.

I was looking at Admiral's Landing, Somerset Inn, Aerie House and The Waterford. Any feedback on these? Any other suggestions?

Also, based on what we want to do, should we be looking at a different town in the Cape?

Thank you!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B in Provincetown

When you say overnight do you mean just one night? May be difficult in July. Will you be driving? Lots of towns to choose from if you decide against Provincetown. Orleans, Chatham, Falmouth for instance.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B in Provincetown

Yes we only can stay one night. We will be visiting Mass from Austin and we are staying in Hull. We were planning to leave Hull for the Cape on a Monday morning and stay in Provincetown through late Tuesday afternoon.

Will we have a problem getting a room for just one night? I know a lot of places have minimum stays but if they have the availability maybe they would give us a room since it's a weekday stay? I plan to call a few Inns once I have identified a few options for good places to stay.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B in Provincetown

Yes we only can stay one night. We will be visiting Mass from Austin and we are staying in Hull. We were planning to leave Hull for the Cape on a Monday morning and stay in Provincetown through late Tuesday afternoon.

Will we have a problem getting a room for just one night? I know a lot of places have minimum stays but if they have the availability maybe they would give us a room since it's a weekday stay? I plan to call a few Inns once I have identified a few options for good places to stay.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B in Provincetown

Try this page for last minute availability. That might narrow the places to call.

http://ptown.org/LastMinuteAvailability.asp

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B in Provincetown

If there are gaps between existing reservations, you'll be able to get one night.

The Waterford is nice, I've stayed there and recommend it 100%. It's newly renovated and the owner, Al is very hands on and a pleasure to deal with. They had the best breakfast served at any of the B&B's I stayed at. You may like it down on this end of town (Eastern) since it's more of a mixed crowd (if this matters to you) while still close to all the action.

Down by the Waterford are some excellent restaurants - The Mews, Devon's, The Waterford. Nightlife in terms of bars and clubs tend to be dominated by the gay and lesbian crowd. The Bradford may be a little more mainstream.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B in Provincetown

Thank you for the advice everyone.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B in Provincetown

I always stay at Seasons. They do have a minimum stay, but sometimes have a night open due to gaps in reservations or cancels.

As for nightlife with live music:

Bubala's By the Bay often has bands, jazz trios, soloists, etc. performing inside at night.

Way Downtown has had several live performers.

The Mews, Ross Grill, Front Street, and Edwige are not just elegant & excellent for food, but all have excellent bars for a classy night of drinks.

The Governor Bradford is a drag karaoke establishment. From everything you've listed as interests, I think you're more upscale & less interested in who your neighbors are than what you're collectively enjoying.

Aside from the cruisy nightclubs, all of the restaurants & bars are open to (and enjoyed by) all.

I nearly forgot, The Crown & Anchor hosts live singers & pianists in the front room off the porch. Debra & Patrick, Bobby Weatherbee, etc. bring their own style (Debra can sing torch songs, jazz, blues, broadway, Motown, even Lady Gaga... her range is absurd & she and her piano co-hort, Patrick, are warm & friendly. They do requests and chat with the relaxed audience, with no cover charge.)

8. Re: B&B in Provincetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 06, 2012