We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

New York
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

Looking for good restaurants in Chatham, Brewster and Provincetown. I like seafood and steak. I would like to have a view of the water, any suggestions welcome (moderate to mid-range)

Any hole in the wall spots for good lunch and breakfasts?

Thanks,

Anxious

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,826 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

Not cheap but I LOVE teh Post Office Cafe on Commercial Street in P-town for breakfast.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

Hangar B Eatery in Chatham serves awesome breakfast. Good enough I may cancel my NYC trip this weekend to go there instead.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,297 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

The only waterview place to eat that I can think of in Chatham is the Fish Pier. You can get take out at the window but then you have to make your own seating, though there is a long bench against the building. It's amazing, I think, that there is so little waterfront dining.

Also, in between your two destinations, you can check out Liam's for lunch on Nauset Beach in East Orleans for a surprising variety of items including seafood of course and you will picnic at one of their tables in the sand or go on down by the ocean and sit on your beach blanket. Have a yummy time.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

For Provincetown restaurants with great water views that are delicious for dinner -

The Mews (request downstairs and it's like sitting on the beach)

The Red Inn - great atmosphere and views but pricey

Fanizzi's by the Sea - great family restaurant litteraly on the water

Lobster Pot - certain seats towards the back of the restaurant

Ross's Grill - located on second floor of Whaler's Warf

Bayside Betsy - decent nothing to rave about food

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

In Provincetown, I'd strongly suggest avoiding the Surf Club (right by the wharf), as the food is mediocre and the service is horrible. I find the Lobster Pot too smash-n-grab tourist trap for my tastes, although their food is decent to good. Ross' Grill has a gorgeous view of the bay, with pleasant atmosphere & service. The Red Inn is a bit more posh, and in a beautiful historic building with a spectacular view. It's not cheap, but it is romantic. The Mews is the best vote for food, view, service and atmosphere, if you want the water view. If you can forfeit the view, Front Street, Victor's and Cafe Edwige are all excellent.

6. Re: Restaurants for Memorial Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, May 31, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown