We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Truro, Corn Hill Beach surf fishing?

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
69 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Truro, Corn Hill Beach surf fishing?

My wife and I just bought a house on Corn Hill Beach and were wondering if surf fishing is good from this beach? Is a license needed? When month/date roughly does surf fishing season begin?

Good local tackle shop? Its been years since we fished, but since we are right here, why not start up again, maybe catch our dinner!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Truro, Corn Hill Beach surf fishing?

Congratulations on your new home purchase and welcome to the outer Cape! As you know, Corn Hill Beach is a Bay beach. I have never seen anyone surf casting on a bay beach (although admittedly, we have not often visited the Corn Hill Beach). I think you will find that you may be able to shell fish on the flats at low tide, but to catch a fin fish you will need a boat or you may have to drive a few miles east to an ocean beach.

Edited: 8:29 am, April 16, 2011
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Truro, Corn Hill Beach surf fishing?

Go on over and have a chat with these folks: www.goose.com

3. Re: Truro, Corn Hill Beach surf fishing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 30, 2012