We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing Ptown with my winter blues...........

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Missing Ptown with my winter blues...........

With all the snow we've had in New York, I am feeling those Provincetown Winter Blues.

Every year around this time, I begin longing for those warm summer days laying by the pool at the Crown or biking around the dunes during the day. Then Tea follow by some exception meals. Provincetown is remarkable in the sense that so many excellent restaurants are packed into such a small area - plentiful wonderful choices. The night life is also great.

Last summer we did a lot more of going out to the bars/clubs then previous years and I loved every minute of it. I got to experience the 4th of July fireworks from my balcony at the Anchor Inn and then again off the back deck of the Lobster Pot for the 100th anniversary of the Monument in August. We were very lucky to still enjoy warm weather Columbus Day weekend on the front porch of the White Wind.

I have to say of all the places I have been to vacation, Ptown is the one place that I truly miss and always long to go back to. It's almost like missing home when you're gone from it long enough. I am looking forward to booking my July and October vacations in Ptown within the next few weeks! I miss it very much.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Anchor Inn
Anchor Inn
216 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Lobster Pot
Lobster Pot
3,210 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Missing Ptown with my winter blues...........

@ Velocityboy - "Also, many people are growing tired of the myriad theme weeks P-town's plagued with, seeking instead just a vacation, not an event."

I can't agree with this more. The theme weeks tend to push the town's vibe and crowds from one extreme to another. Which can effect the vacation.

I try to avoid them weeks. The non-theme weeks tend to present the mellow, fun yet average crowds that I like most.

Chicago Northshore
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Missing Ptown with my winter blues...........

My feelings, exactly. I live in Chicago, but started going to the Cape for summers 57 years ago. I caught the bug early.

My wife and I still get the Cape Cod blues year-round. Once we're in Truro, everything is fine again.

Ptown and Truro are our two favorite places on planet earth. Can't wait for our next trip this year.

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Truro
Truro
Cape Cod, MA
13. Re: Missing Ptown with my winter blues...........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown