We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Dilemma

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warwick, RI
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Dilemma

My husband and I are planning a trip to Ptown the weekend of February 27. We will likely be staying Friday and Saturday. The goal of the trip is to experience Provincetown in winter for the solitude and quiet (I know that only a few restaurants will be open). That said, I'm torn between a few B&B options. I would like a place that's really cozy but also affordable.

I am considering Revere House, Aerie House, and Admiral's Landing. Can anyone help me out with my decision and give me pros/cons on any of these?

Thanks!

Lauren

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
185 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Dilemma

This is a very difficult question to answer, I believe, due to the fact that "locals" are not usually familiar with the bed and breakfast options and visitors tend to stay at the same bed and breakfast (at least once they have found one they like). Probably, your best bet is to read the reviews of the various bed and breakfasts that you are considering ... and read them intelligently. By that I mean, don't let one very negative or one very positive review swing your decision, read many and get an overall sense of the establishment.

All that being said, I really enjoy (and always stay at) The Aerie House - especially the "Eagle's Nest" room on the top floor. It has a private entrance and fantastic views, being that MIller HIll is one of the highest locations in town.

Good luck with your decision.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
987 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Dilemma

QCTraveler is right that locals often don't know much about guest houses. I can't comment on anything but location, but remember that Ptown is a small place and easy to walk around. Aerie House is the most spectacular setting but it is at the top of a hill you have to walk up in winter. Revere House is convenient to the center of town and located just off Commercial on a nice side street. Admiral's Landing also convenient but is on Bradford St., the main vehicle route thru town. The setting isn't quite as nice as the others but it's the closest to town center of the three and, I think, the least expensive. (Aerie House is also on Bradford, but set back and up from the street.)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B Dilemma

the Aerie House is beautiful and friendly. Friends of mine have made that their home-base during our mutual trips to P-town (I'm always at Seasons...) and I got to visit the premises, meet the host, and see the place in it's glory. That being said, the arctic wind coming in off the bay will be unpleasant. Personally, I'd enjoy being closer to the hub of activity this time of year, but the problem is: the things open year-round are scattered on the East end, West end, Center of town... so there's no exact vantage point. Whichever place best fits your needs and is closest to the majority of places you intend to visit might be the "go to" choice.

It should, however, be easier to drive this off-season, should you have a car...

Hartford...
Level Contributor
156 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B Dilemma

Oh..you must check the John Randall House @ www.johnrandallhouse.com. They are only one block away from Commercial Street, they have a nice fireplace, parking right on back, great breakfast and the hosts, Tim & Richard are AMAZING!!!!

5. Re: B&B Dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown