We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial weekend

london
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Memorial weekend

My partner and I are visiting P'town from London 22 to 25 May and would be interested to learn of any special events/concerts etc being held that weekend.

Also does anyone have reports on the following restaurants -

Pepes

Jimmy's Hideaway

Lobster Pot

Front Street

Thanks in anticipation

Mentioned in this post
London
London
Ontario, Canada
Jimmy's HideAway
Jimmy's HideAway
735 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Lobster Pot
Lobster Pot
3,239 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
127 Reviews
from $56.00*
$59.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
38 Reviews
from $60.00*
boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memorial weekend

Things are just getting started in Ptown, so event listings aren't very complete now. Consult two websites for info: www.ptown.org and www.celebrateprovincetown.com There will be more info onthem as we get closer to the date. The second site is good for it's listings of what's open or closed.

As to the restaurants, Pepe's is thought to have gone downhill in recent years. Jimmy's Hideaway is new last year and I've heard good things, but haven't tried it yet. Lobster Pot has surprizingly good food for what appears to be a tourist trap. I'd recommend lunch there. Front Street is an old standby and considered one of the best in Ptown. I haven't been there for quite awhile but it always gets good comments.

Other places that I would recommend you look at are the Mews, Ross's Grill, and Edwige (especially good for seafood).

Mentioned in this post
Lobster Pot
Lobster Pot
3,239 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
The Mews Restaurant...
1,328 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memorial weekend

wbp657 has it spot on! Front Street, Mews, Edwige and Lobster Pot are great! For just a fabulous clam chowder try Bayside Betsy's. If you re-post a bit closer to the weekend in May, I bet you will get lots of suggestions for events!

Mentioned in this post
The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
The Mews Restaurant...
1,328 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Lobster Pot
Lobster Pot
3,239 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Bayside Betsy's Restaurant
Bayside Betsy's...
771 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
3. Re: Memorial weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown