We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the story on The Martin House

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
185 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
What's the story on The Martin House

Just wondering if anyone has any information on The Martin House. This restaurant used to be excellent (about 3 or 4 years ago) then was sold and went downhill fast. I heard that they filed for bankruptcy early in 2007 ... was it open this summer? Has it gotten any better?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the story on The Martin House

The owners/operators of Martin House sublet the restaurant business last summer (06) while they were trying to sell the building. You heard right; the new operators were not very good, defaulted on the lease, and were kicked out. This year the original Martin House owners indicated that they might try to operate the place again, but in the end they decided not to. The restaurant was closed this summer and the building is still for sale.

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the story on The Martin House

Just back home in Chatham from a month in Maine - very sad to hear this info. I had wondered what was up and appreciate the update. I will miss the "Oysters Claudia" immensely. Let's hope they do a Martin House cookbook - had many a fantastic meal there... Thanks again for the 411.

3. Re: What's the story on The Martin House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown