We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

Hi all,

Hubby and I will be making our first jaunt into Ptown for a weekend in July and we can't wait. After googling until I'm cross-eyed, I've decided to ask for help. No, I'm not a man and I don't need directions! From what I can tell, there are many really neat B&Bs, guest houses, even condos (on vrbo.com)--however, many of them have at least a 4 night minimum (if not a whole week). We want to arrive on a Friday and leave Sunday. Our desires are to be within walking distance of the bars & the beach as we like to party; we'd rather not pay more than $200/night. Frankly, I'd rather not pay *that* much, but a tourist destination is what it is. I've seen sites that say "Alternative Lifestyle"--that is of no consequence to us as we have many gay friends. Where can you recommend?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

Yarmouth? You might be able to get as last minute "cancellation"-type accommodation in Provincetown for two nights on a weekend in July for under $200.....but I wouldn't count on it!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

While I said I'd *rather* not pay more than $200/night, I didn't say we wouldn't. My bigger concern is the nightly minimum.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

Consider staying in a hotel. They generally are more flexible around minimum stays.

4. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:58 am, August 15, 2007
Provincetown
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

Another option might be Christopher's by the Bay Guesthouse - they have a three night minimum, but may have a shorter stay available - www.christophersbythebay.com - they are also a Fodor's Editor's Pick

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

If you're still having trouble with finding a short minimum stay, you might consider the Surfside Inn. It's on the beach and has a pool and parking. It may have a low minimum because it is a very large place. That's also one of its drawbacks. It's a pretty generic hotel/motel type place without much atmosphere. It's a little away from downtown, an over 10 minute walk, but the walk picturesque and Ptown is safe to walk around in, even at 1 or 2am.

Ft. Lauderdale
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

Most of the nice places have minimum stays and wont budge because they sell out anyway. Be leary of any place that has just a cpl days available....been there done that better check into whatever place you get because there are alot of icky places.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

It is nearly impossible to book 2 weekend nights, well in advance, in July. As you have noted, 4 night minimums (or more) are the norm. We`ve frequently had good luck booking 2 nights at the last minute by calling The Provincetown Chamber of Commerce (ptownchamber.com) the day before or morning of our arrival and they almost alway have last minute options available. Of course this is risky and you have to be somewhat flexible. The Gifford House (giffordhouse.com) has occasionally let us book 2 summer nights even though their website says a 4 night minimum is required. This hotel is in a terrific central location and caters to an essentially gay clientele, but all are made to feel welcome here. It`s reasonably priced, clean and filled with old world seaside charm. There are 3 bars here so it`s noisy until 1:am, but it sounds like you`ll be partying that late anyway. The only decent, reasonably priced place that I can come up with that only requires a 2 night minimum is The Cape Colony Inn (capecolonyinn.com). This is a well maintained motel with spacious, comfortable rooms, air conditioning, a refrigerator, a large bathroom with separate vanity area and an on premise swimming pool. Rates in July average around $155. The only problem here is that it`s a bit out of the way, on the East end of Bradford Street when you first come into town. We usually bring bikes (you can also rent them) which makes everywhere convenient from this location. This is a great option if you don`t mind the location and prices are surprisingly good for high season.

9. Re: Summer Accomodations with no "minimums"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 30, 2009