We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway Park from Plymouth?

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway Park from Plymouth?

We are planning a trip to MA in early April and are staying in Plymouth. We would like to attend one of the evening games at Fenway Park during the first home stand against the Mariners if we can get tickets, and I was wondering what the best way to get to and from the ballpark would be if the game is at 7:00 PM and ends at approximately 10:00 PM. I would rather take public transportation if possible, than attempt to drive into the city and then try to navigate our way back to Plymouth that late at night. Does anyone know if there is public transportation to and from Plymouth at that time of the evening, and if so, is it safe? Where is the station located in Plymouth? We are staying at the Radisson, and I was curious if the subway station is reasonably close to this hotel. Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Fenway Park from Plymouth?

Braintree Station -- 3 North to Exit 17. Follow around Union to Ivory. (This is before you hit the 3/93 Merge)

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Fenway Park from Plymouth?

Thank you!

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Fenway Park from Plymouth?

I'll add my vote for Plimouth Plantation. It's worth the money, especially if you're visiting and have never been. It's great for kids and it sort of makes Plymouth worthwhile. The Mayflower replica is also a good take, but Plymouth Rock is a bit disappointing. It's all fenced in and you look down and there's... a rock. Yawn. Plimouth Plantation and the Mayflower replica really do a lot to help teach the history...

Braintree is a great T station and if you can work an ATM machine, you should be ok with the new fare card system. Most stations have helpful employees on hand to help people figure them out, though Braintree is mostly a commuter station, so... they may or may not have such a person on hand, but... you should be okay...

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
85 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Fenway Park from Plymouth?

Oh my, good luck.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Fenway Park from Plymouth?

Did I miss something here between January and now??

26. Re: Fenway Park from Plymouth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, September 02, 2009