We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Bridal Shower in August

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashua, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Planning a Bridal Shower in August

I am planning a bridal shower in August for my daughter who lives in Plymouth. I would like to hold the shower there as well. I am looking for some unique ideas as to where to to hold the event. I was thinking on the idea of an outdoor pavillion on the water. Do you have any suggestions. I am on a modest budget. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mother of the bride

Pam

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

I'd take a look at East Bay Grille, White Cliffs Country Club, Pinehills, maybe the John Carver Inn.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

Cafe Strega on the main drag there is really nice: http://www.cafestrega.com.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

Congrats MOB! In addition to the ideas you get here, check out the Knot website.

Nashua, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

thanks. I will check it out.

Nashua, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

I called all but the East Bay Grille. Thanks. I'll call them too!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

Here is my suggestion, I live in Plymouth so know it well :) On a "modest" budget, immediately delete Cafe Strega off your list. East Bay is probably the best suggestion due to the food being good, pricing decent, location etc..but it is not "unique" and you will not have the place to yourself, remember, they can put you under a tent outside or depending on the guests in the front room but nothing is "private".

John Carver is dark, conference rooms not that pretty but food decent.

White Cliffs, food "okay" but way down on exit 2 but near the water.

Pinehills - very expensive in the summer...

Here are two suggestions I have:

1. Mama Mias - BEAUTIFUL view from the top function room, private upstairs, bar area but tables just okay. Food good and the view of the harbor, there is an outside deck that people can walk out on. August is the busy season so depending on the time, might not rent it out.

2. Plymouth Yacht Club - private so you need to know a member but if your daughter has friends in Plymouth you could ask around. Not a "modest" budget but if you did a brunch etc...nice private room with deck on the water.

Good luck!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

You could also take a chance with the weather and have it on the Pilgrim Belle....decent pricing, neat idea!

Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

This idea is a bit north of Plymouth..The bridesmaids had my daughters shower at the Scituate Community center. A small hall the town rents out right on the water in Scituate Harbor. It was just beautiful , you can hire a caterer or bring your own food . No oven, so warming dishes or cold salads and if you serve alcohol a professional bartender with insurance is required.

Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

This idea is a bit north of Plymouth..The bridesmaids had my daughters shower at the Scituate Maritime center. A small hall the town rents out right on the water in Scituate Harbor. It was just beautiful , you can hire a caterer or bring your own food . No oven, so warming dishes or cold salads and if you serve alcohol a professional bartender with insurance is required.

Scituate Maritime Center

scituatemaritimecenter.com

Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning a Bridal Shower in August

This idea is a bit north of Plymouth..The bridesmaids had my daughters shower at the Scituate Community center. A small hall the town rents out right on the water in Scituate Harbor. It was just beautiful , you can hire a caterer or bring your own food . No oven, so warming dishes or cold salads and if you serve alcohol a professional bartender with insurance is required.

Or you could try Pilgram Sands Motel on Long Beach in Plymouth , the view is gorgeous