We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive accomodations near Radisson Plymouth Harbor

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
412 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive accomodations near Radisson Plymouth Harbor

We will be visiting the East coast for the first time in Mid-April to attend a wedding in Plymouth at the Radisson. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive place to stay for my husband and I (ideally $75/nt or less)or possible a cheap suite to share with one or two of our friends.

Also, what is the weather like at that time of year? does it snow there? and should we consider renting a car? We plan on flying into New York somewhere and stay with some friends. What are the options for getting to Plymouth from NYC and back. Right now we plan on a Wed-Wed trip as the wedding is on Sunday.

Thanks!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
237 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive accomodations near Radisson Plymouth Harbor

For weather: April is unpredictable, always dress in layers. Day temps can be 30's-70's. It does snow in April but it's not the norm.

For transportation: depending on your budget: plane, train, car, bus. Buses and trains terminate at Boston's South Station. From there you can get the commuter rail to Plymouth (mbta.com) and then probably local cabs. From you hotel budget, I guess you'd be looking at buses. You could consider renting a car once in Boston to go to/from Plymouth. I think you'll probably need a car in Plymouth.

There is a cheap Chinatown bus but the company changed names. I don't know the current name. Unfortunately their safety record might be a concern for some. Although they do have passengers who say it's no problem. You know just the bad stuff makes the news.

For hotels: if you search this site for hotels I'm sure you'll find something.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive accomodations near Radisson Plymouth Harbor

There are several smaller motels and hotels in Plymouth that should fit your budget in April as April is still the off season in Plymouth. Try the John Carver Inn, the Plymouth Bay Inn and the Best Western Cold Spring. Only a few hotels offer suites and they will likely be cost prohibitive.

I would consider renting a car as there isn't much in the way of public transportation in Plymouth. There are only a few cabs and a trolley around. Plymouth is easy to navigate and parking is ample.

You can take the train or bus from NYC to Boston, then the commuter rail train from Boston to Plymouth or Kingston (it goes more frequently to Kingston which is the next town over from Plymouth).

Plymouth
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive accomodations near Radisson Plymouth Harbor

Best Western Cold Spring is a 2-3 minute drive (7-10 minute walk if it's nice out) from the Radisson. They do have a few "suites" available. These suites have a room with 2 queen sized beds, a full-bath bathroom, a vanity area with sink, and another room off of the room with the queen sized beds which has a pull out couch. I believe a fridge is also included in the room. Another option on the property are their cottages if you wanted to share a room with 1 or 2 other friends. It has a bedroom with a full sized bed, flat screen tv, table with chairs. There is a hallway which connects to the other side of the cottage where there is another bedroom. The second bedroom (depending on which cottage) holds another full-sized bed (exact same as the first room) or 2 twin beds. Off of the little hallway is a bathroom which is shared. Now the only thing with the cottages is that they are smaller. They may not look like the newest rooms (have wood wainscoating ... a New England feel that you rarely get) but the property is known for its pristine condition and the rooms are always clean. Check out bestwestern.com. They can give you rates for when you come and there are lots of pictures. As for the weather, it can be unpredictable here. For transportation from NY, I think someone had mentioned bus but also look into the AmTrak train. It takes you into South Station in Boston (great spot for some sightseeing in the city) and from South Station you can take the Kingston/Plymouth commuter rail. You can have the front desk staff wherever you stay call a cab for you. Hope that helps a little.

4. Re: Inexpensive accomodations near Radisson Plymouth Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 21, 2009