We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Plymouth day after Thanksgiving

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Plymouth day after Thanksgiving

My husband and I and our 9 month old daughter are considering visiting Plymouth Thanksgiving weekend. We live in New Haven, CT and will spend Thanksgiving at home, but are considering going to Plymouth Friday or Saturday, probably spending 1 night. We may stay somewhere near Providence to use hotel award points we have (starwood). Will the traffic/crowds be horrendous that weekend, even Friday and Saturday? Is it worth it to come then or should we wait and do it another weekend. If the crowds and traffic are bad, any other suggestions for a weekend getaway around New England after Thanksgiving?

Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Massachusetts
New Haven
New Haven
Connecticut
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
New England
New England
United States
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Plymouth day after Thanksgiving

I would expect no traffic problems, as this is in the middle of the long weekend.

AlanM

2. Re: Visiting Plymouth day after Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 11, 2009