We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Diegos--August 2007

Mid Atlantic
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Sam Diegos--August 2007

We were in Plymouth for 2 nights and had an enjoyable seafood meal the night before. We passed by Sam Diego's about 7pm on a Tuesday and it was packed. On Wednesday after whale watching we walked up to Sam Diego's. It was about 5pm Surprisingly no wait. Was given a nice quiet table and the waitress was just right, not overbearing, or rushing. Drinks got to us in a timely manner, chips and salsa were fresh. There was no problem getting a 2nd helping of the chips. Appetizer was hot red pepper poppers. They were adequate. I ordered the triple dinner--Beef burrito--beef was not good at all, ate the wrap, the chicken on the other item was dried out and the taco was pretty good. Atmosphere, reasonable prices and good service they get all A's, The food itself gets a C. There is a chain called Jose Tejas that puts Sams to shame, and it is a shame, the potential is there but the food coming out dried at a time when the place is not busy does not speak well. You decide, I will give them one more shot when back in the area but, if no improvement they probably will not be around anyway.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
770 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

Guess it's a matter of opinion, because we had some of the best Mexican food that we've ever had at Sam Deigo's. They seem to do a ton of business too--doubt if they'll be going out of business any time soon.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

I like the original one in Hyannis better, but the one in Plymouth has been pretty good the few times I've been....maybe a bad night after a long summer...hope it gets better next time...I give you credit for giving it a second try....

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

For Americanized Mexican, Sam's in Hyannis is ok...I prefer the place next to the Brewster General Store on 6 A. It is authentic Mexican...Sam's is not..IMHO

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

I agree....Sam's is more Tex-Mex....I didn't know about the place in Brewster, I'll have to give it a try!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

It is el taquteria or something..right next to Brewster General Store..cash and take out only..

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
85 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

Carib - Do they have fried ice cream? Or would that be too competitive to the General Store?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

No fried ice cream..this is authentic Mexican...

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
85 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

Authentic is important. Did you do a review on Trip Advisor? I'd love to know more......

9. Re: Sam Diegos--August 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 11, 2009