We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Pittsfield

Which Pittsfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Pittsfield

We'd like to hire a car in Pittsfield to tour around the Berkshires. Is there anywhere near to the bus station or to the train station that would be convenient to hire from? Our accommodation is in Stockbridge, so plan to drive there once we pick up a car. Is it better to hire in Pittsfield or Springfield - have read some reviews (not on Trip Advisor) suggesting bus terminal in both towns are in very dodgy areas - bit worried about arriving there now. I wonder if there any car hire companies that would deliver and collect from our accommodation in Stockbridge? Any suggestions appreciated.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Pittsfield

Hi, the only rental car company that I know that will come & pick you up is Enterprise & they do have offices in both Pittsfield & Springfield. I would not worry too much about arriving in either city's bus terminal during the daytime or early evening hours - late at night, I would be cautious in Springfield. Both are busy places, with lots of people around during peak hours. You can usually step right out of the terminal & into a taxi in Springfield. Like any other city, keep your wits about you and you will be fine. Here is the link for Enterprise: enterprise.com/car_rental/worldLocationSearc…

Scotland
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Pittsfield

Thanks Kendrick. Feel a bit more relaxed about it now. I'll follow up with Enterprise and see what's on offer.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Pittsfield

Good! You will really enjoy Stockbridge & the Berkshires!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Pittsfield

I don't think you say how you are getting to Springfield or Pittsfield? Would it make more sense to drive there from wherever you are instead of dragging luggage to buses or trains, etc. Since rentals are usually unlimited mileage, it probably won't make a difference if you rent in the morning or afternoon.

Just a thought.

5. Re: Car Hire in Pittsfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pittsfield