We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Which Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Has anyone else been harassed by the owner of the Orleans Inn or restaurant? I posted a less than flattering review recently, and the owner felt it was appropriate (although against trip ad rules) to mention my place of business in his non-sensical response (which is against trip ad rule against identifying reviewers), after comparing what I had ordered to my credit card bill (obviously), then doing an internet search to find out my employer. I will be making trip advisor aware of this owner, and perhaps pursuing legal action through my employer and/or privately, as it is a potential civil issue. He is attempting to stifle poor reviews of his business (cite some of his responses to poor reviews at both the hotel and restaurant), and reviewers and tripadvisor should be concerned and take action.

42 replies to this topic
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I've had a similar experience after reviewing a B&B in Salerno that wasn't as wonderful as previous reviews had made it sound (and I suspect were fake reviews). I agree that identifying you is very tacky and complained to TA. Did you actually eat all the food and then complain about it?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I don't see your review. Perhaps I am just not finding it while trying to navigate with the mobile app. Has it been removed.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Still there. Look for the helmet.

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

No, if you read my post carefully (which he didn't), there is a dash after my complaint regarding the potato skins, which was the only item we actually complained to the waitress about; the actual complaint and my problem with no compensation in any way only referred to the potato skins, as indicative of the dash. My wife ate one of them, and didn't finish. When the waitress was told, she apologized, and that was it. No offer to redo or take something off the bill. I will be updating the review - I am waiting for it to be deleted by tripadvisor, at which point I can then repost.

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Still there, second one down. I am deleting it, as it is the only way to repost, which I intend to do.

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I may be taking this to the press as it may be an increasingly used business response to stifle these important forums.

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Along with his inappropriate postings regarding negative reviews on tripadvisor, look at this gem from YELP:

Just not happy all around with the food,the smell of the place and the rude owners.

Not much to say except live and learn.

In bad experiences I would give them a five star for all around unsatisfying.

I have been there five different times,I would go back only for a drink on the deck.

No food and open air!

(Additional after the "owners" comment.)

I think this guy is mistaken about the stalking comment!

He attacks the reviews on anyone who is honest.

After looking at other reviews it is very noticeable.

Was this review …?

Useful

(5)

Funny

(3)

Cool

(1) Bookmark Send to a Friend Link to This Review Flag this review

Comment from Edward M. of The Orleans Inn & Restaurant 12/6/2011 « Hide

This is from a stalker who has been sent to jail for violating a restraining order. It is an abuse of Yelp.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I can't find it either. Not on yelp or TA. I even tried to find it through your profile. Can't be done.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I found it on TA when I used the "regular site" on my Kindle as opposed to the mobile app on my phone. I hit the " report as inappropriate" button on the iwner's response.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,094 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I looked at every review. Not there.

Reply to: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted