We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans Village Farm Market

Which Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks County...
Level Contributor
458 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Orleans Village Farm Market

I was wondering if anyone knows what has become of the Orleans Village Farm Market in East Orleans. I read in this article here: wickedlocal.com/orleans/…axzz1Ujc5i2y3 that it closed in December 2010 and I was so sorry to hear that. We started going there when it was "Fancy's Farm" and we always enjoyed stopping in for good coffee and baked goods. They also had some delicious side dishes and salads that we occasionally tried as well as freshly made sandwiches and deli counter.

Has the market reopened with new owners and if so, how does it compare to the previous market? Also, does anyone know where the most recent owners ended up since the article stated that they were moving forward and looking for a new place to open, possibly further down Cape?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orleans Village Farm Market

Hi Lorna,

The market is still there, with delicious looking food....freshly cut meats, veggies, upscale groceries (Stonewall Kitchen etc.), deli, and many lovely plants.

I do not know the details of the new owners but when we stopped in last weekend they were suitably busy. Prices were competitive for the quality they offer. Friendly service is still the hallmark of the place.

The previous owners may have had some personal issues that made it difficult to continue with the Village Market and I do not know where they are now. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised to see the offerings in the same East Orleans location.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
458 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orleans Village Farm Market

Oh goody! Thanks for letting me know, Yellowbird. We'll definitely check it out when we visit!

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
458 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orleans Village Farm Market

I just did a quick search for the Village Farm Market's previous owner mentioned in my linked article, Cynthia Suonpera, and saw her name affiliated with Provincetown General Store. That store's website http://www.provincetowngeneralstore.com/ mentions May 2010 and the menu is from 2007, so it isn't current. Wherever the previous owners are, I hope they're doing well and are happy and healthy.

4. Re: Orleans Village Farm Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 04, 2013