We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

We would like some reasonable place for dinner with some atmosphere. No family restaurant and no chain. We will be dining next Monday, September 14 so any input about restaurants that may not be open on a Monday would be helpful.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies. If this question were closer to Boston you would definitely get some suggestions! You might want to go over to the chowhound.com website. They have a lot of very opinionated food oriented people. There is a New England board, and also a Boston board. Even though Northampton isn't near Boston, it might be good to post in both places. There should be plenty of good places to eat around there -- it's a great area and fairly sophisticated.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

In Northampton my favorite is the East Side Grill:

http://www.eastsidegrill.com/

a short distance away on Rt. 91 south The Delaney House is wonderful:

www.logcabin-delaney.com/content/view/26/39/

Neither are chains

Northampton, MA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

Come on up to Florence (3 miles west of downtown northampton) to the Side Street Cafe. They have a special $20.09 menu that gets you a 3 course meal -- and the food is amazing! Trust me, you'll love it!

It's on Maple Street -- take Rte 9 west thru Northampton to Florence...at the second light (after Miss Flo's diner), take a left. Side Street is about a block down on the right.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

Killer reviews here on TA:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g41570-d6147…

Northampton, MA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

Top of my head:

Sierra Grill (right down the street from East Side Grill), really great locally procured food.

Osaka -- consistently good sushi, right off Main Street, across from Herrell's, where you should have dessert.

I second the Side St Cafe recommendation.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

I am in Northampton Regularly for business. Here are two more to consider:

Spoleto - Its in the center of Northampton at Rt 9 and Pleasant St. Great Food, casual but classy atmosphere -They have a 3 course dinner with lots of selections for about $20. This is always a stop for me and I know it is open on Mondays

Tavern On the Hill: overlooks the valley - The food is excellent, the view magnificent from the porch dining room - To get there: Leave Northampton on rt 5 south(center of town)Pass the entrance, exit to I91 on your right. In about 1/2 mile Take a right onto East street (not 100% sure of the name but I think it is East)- there is a blinking yellow light. Stay on East St til the end (there is a slight fork along the way - bear left) - about two miles. Take a left - you'll be on rt 141S - the restaurant will be on your right just about at the top of the hill. I would call to make sure they are open on Monday; I think they are.

From reports the Delaney House is not as good as it used to be - I have not been there, however.

East Side Grill is OK - I have had both very good and very bad meals there

If you want to go as far as Amherst Judi's is very good - An eclectic menu - usually crowded.

7. Re: Dinner ideas in the Northampton-Hadley area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 10, 2010