We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bench seats vs. shed seating at Tanglewood?

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bench seats vs. shed seating at Tanglewood?

Any thoughts on the bench seats at Tanglewood? Not a lot of info on their website or anywhere really - google search has not found me any results!

I am taking advantage of a "20 under 40" deal where buying seats costs just about as much as buying lawn tickets, so I'm planning to buy the seats, get there early to picnic on the lawn, and then make the call on whether we want to move to our seats. Just can't decide between bench seats or seats all the way in the back sections.

We're going to a performance that my husband will be really excited for, and even though we may keep our home base on the lawn, I'd love for him to be able to sit somewhere where he can have a better view.

Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Tanglewood
Tanglewood
934 Reviews
Lenox, MA
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bench seats vs. shed seating at Tanglewood?

If it's raining you'll be glad you have tickets under the shed.

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
398 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bench seats vs. shed seating at Tanglewood?

There are big screens inside and outside the shed. If watching on a screen is OK, then it matters little where you sit. We prefer the lawn for performances, but if you only have one day or a select performance then don't risk the weather and purchase seats inside.

I think much less than half of the seats have great views of the stage. If you select "choose my own seats" on the website they will give you a photo of the view from your seat. When we sit inside, even if we can see the stage well, we often catch ourselves watching the screens instead.

Just some info for your picnic. They rent nice folding chairs for $5 and you can bring in anything (alcoholic beverages included) in glass or plastic. There are plenty of recycle containers around. Also, the grounds are gorgeous. If you have the time get there early so you can walk around.

Edited: 10:30 am, August 13, 2013
Shelton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bench seats vs. shed seating at Tanglewood?

Hello Music Enthusiasts- The bench seats are fine if you are ready for any weather. Bring rain gear or

boots for wet and sometimes muddy walking. A warm jacket for the chill that creeps up from the Bowl!

A pillow for comfort .

If this is a special performance, buy a very good seat. If this is picnic style, buy lawn seats. Chair rentals are

available and very comfortable.

The sight lines are good however there is obstructed view seating, which the web site will state before the

tickets are purchased.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Bench seats vs. shed seating at Tanglewood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, April 28, 2016