We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keyes Beach

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Keyes Beach

I spent a week in a cottage near Keyes Beach in Hyannis. Altough our cottage was near the beach, we've had a big deception when we went on our first day. The beach was dirty ! Only 2 garbage can were there for the entire beach but they were placed so far (near the parking lot) so nobody used them, Here is a quick list a the trash list: plastic bottles, underwears, shoes, beer cans, you name it.

So unfortunate since the beach is so close to Hyannis Main Street.

I still can't understand why the city didn't do nothing about this

Hope to see positive change on our next vacation.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Keyes Beach

The garbage bins on most beaches are usually near the parking lots. You are expected to gather up your trash and drop it in the bins on your way back to your car. It would be very difficult to service garbage bins placed along a beach.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keyes Beach

I would add that most beaches are cleaned each morning not familiar with Keyes so I don't know how frequently it is.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keyes Beach

What about maintenance staff to bring garbage cans on the beach during the day and emptying them at the end of the day. How about that ?

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keyes Beach

Not every day for sure at Keyes beach

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,424 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keyes Beach

I honestly can say I have never seen trash strewn beaches like you describe I frequent "city beaches" such as Revere Beach and outer Cape beaches such as the National Seashore beaches. The National seashore beaches have trash barrels in the parking lots and you carry out you trash. To my knowledge nobody but Mother Nature cleans the beach area ... Just clean the bathrooms and empty the trash . Hyannis is the busiest of all the Cape towns and one I would rather not stay in.

Edited: 9:13 am, July 13, 2013
6. Re: Keyes Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2014