We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyannis in May 2012

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gamber, Maryland...
1 post
Save Topic
Hyannis in May 2012

Hi! We are going to the Cape for the first time. We want to stay in Hyannis near the ferries, any suggestions on where to stay? What is there to see and do in early May? Interested in a whale watching tour, are there tours going on in early May? Thanks, Carol in Maryland.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyannis in May 2012

Hi, Carol - there's quite a bit of info here on the Hyannis forum and on the main Cape Cod forum that you might want to take a look at. Here's a few recent posts very similar to yours:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41623-i467-k52569…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41623-i467-k52368…

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyannis in May 2012

Hi Carol - The two places I always recommend in Hyannis are the SeaCoast Inn and the Anchor In. SeaCoast is about a 5 minute walk from the Harbor, and Anchor In overlooks the Harbor.

Yes, there'll be whale watching in May. From Hyannis, the nearest whale watches leave from Barnstable Harbor. That's about a 15 minute drive from Hyannis.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,283 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyannis in May 2012

Hi there Adam, Also in the harbor area, here's a fun place to dine actually right over the water. Arrive by boat or by car. There's a casual side and another VERY casual side from which to choose. One is like boat shoes and a polo shirt and the other can be fiip flops and a tee shirt...lol.

http://www.baxterscapecod.com

Enjoy your visit to the Cape, I know you will.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,283 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyannis in May 2012

Whoops sorry, I see that's Carol not Adam. Nearby whales: www.whales.net

Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyannis in May 2012

Our first time to the Cape we stayed at the Mariner Motor Lodge. It's right on Route 28. It's in West Yarmouth, but only a couple miles out of downtown Hyannis. It was ok. Nothing special. But it was clean, competatively priced, and nicely located.

If you're looking for a cottage rental, I'd highly recommend BayView cottage. Also in West Yarmouth, off of Lewis Bay. It's only a few blocks from downtown Hyannis. Most days we just walk in to Hyannis. We've stayed there the past three times we've been out. http://www.capecodbayviewcottage.com/

Have a great trip!

6. Re: Hyannis in May 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, June 20, 2013