We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Topic
Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short version is the room was VERY tiny, old , limited supplies in the room, the bed (Murphy bed)was TERRIBLE. Threw out my back trying to sleep on it, ( although my friends who were up for the night slept on the futon said it wasnt bad.) and I left after 1 night-- left early Sun morning .No maid service, etc.........just VERRY disppointed.

I called R.C.I and got everything refunded( my transfer fee and the week back).Supposedly was told by R.C.I a few other people left that w/e after just seeing the rooms and R.C.I has gotten NUMEROUS complaints about the place.

Staff was friendly and the location was great on the up side.

Am still on vacation for the rest of the week( staying at a motel that i have been to many times and am happy ).

Will have more details on my vacation over the weekend when i get home( using a public computer now.)

Thanks for reading,

J

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of your week

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like it was consistent with the information here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41623-i467-k26616…

(Sorry you weren't pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed).

Hopefully the rest of your stay will be pleasant. Also happy to hear RCI refunded your money; too bad they didn't just let you cancel before you had to step foot in this place!

Did you take pictures to post as part of your review?

Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the rooms that way? What room were you in? We are slated to go in October and are really concerned.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The word is: It's a dump. Get your money back...and choose something else.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at the posts referenced in this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41623-i467-k26616…

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room 203. Lasted there 1 night. Try to stay somewhere else.

Sun City, Az.
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had read your review before we booked our vacation. Our experience was much like yours. We arrived late on Saturday, Oct. 10th which was after hours and was told there would be a key for us. The system involved entering some numbers to release the drawer with our keys inside. That didn't work. After a few tries without success a man appeared and opened it for us. I later discovered that he was the manager. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we were directed to the opposite end of the building to enter. We had four large suitcases and found there was no elevator! This should have been our first clue, but it was late and we were anxious to get settled. After climbing three flights and pulling a muscle, I might add that we are both in our 70's. we walked into what appeared tho be a time zone of the "60's:" First of all the room smelled bad. It had only a full size murphy bed. The sofa and chairs were badly soiled and the upholstery was broken down, very badly worn. There was a bug in the kitchen sink, the tv and the heater didn't work. The blankets for the bed were dingy and worn. By this time it was 9:00 P.M. and we hadn't had dinner. We relunctantly stayed the night and checked out the next morning and went elsewhere. We called RCI that morning, which was a Sunday and were told that someone would call us back within 2 hours. We have yet to hear from them. I don't understand how The Courtyaard can be refererred to as a resort,..It is nothing but an old 3 story motel.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about your bad experience.......Wish ya had seen this beforehand......

Deerfield
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a member of Courtyard Resort. I just paid my annual maintenance fee plus a special assesment charge for improvements. I went to bank my week with RCI and the resort told me they were disaffiliated with them! What a rip off! I should get a lawyer. I certainly will not give them one more penny. When I bought the timeshare the salesmen showed me the RCI book and said I could trade anywhere. Now the place is useless and I wasted 3,000.00 plus!

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Courtyard resort- hyannis ( timeshare)---DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You actually OWNED there??? WOW! Sorry about your diffculties there. I would put a stop on the monies issued if possible and see what i can do that money. Keep me informed as i would be VERY curious to find out what happens,

So they are no longer associted with R.C.I. Not suprised as i have heard that MANY folks called and complained about the place.