We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Topic
courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

Staying in July on a timeshare switch. Have seen some REAL bad reviews elsewhere. Anybody been, comments. About the only good review is the location right on Main St.

Thanks in advance.

J

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

I drive by it every day on my way to work. It does not look very nice, but I have never been inside. The enclosed pool area's windows are streaked and cloudy. I'm not quite sure what the draw to Main Street is. There are some restaurants, but none that are over the top good.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

Thanks........I am not expecting much but am hoping to get MORE respones.

Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

we went there 2 years ago and left within an hour.

We went in sept. and it was going to be a cold night. We asked how to put the heat on and they told us it wasn't turned on just yet. The room smelled of smoke and they said they could come and spray it to help with the odor. The couch was very old looking and torn and worn on arms. The wallpaper was not in great shape and the runner in the shower door was awful.

Even the reception area looked bad.

We left and were luck to find a room down the street at the Hyannis Travel Inn and went there last year and are going back again this year.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

Thanks..........EEEK! This REALLY doesnt sound good. Going Mid- july.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

jrinct1: This is the Marriott Courtyard, right? It's rated #3 on TA reviews and the reviews here are really quite good!

(Divi, I don't think it's unusual for pool enclosures to be cloudy or streaky in the winter months...perhaps the hot air of the pool area clouds up on the colder glass of the enclosure? pool fog!)

Anyway: check out the reviews here. Pehaps you'd consider giving them a call and tell them you've been reading TA reviews and wanted to know if they've gone through a recent refurb. Here's the link to TA reviews of this lodging:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41623-d224063-…

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

No! Thats on RT 132 this is on MAIN ST in HYANNIS. This one has nothing to w/a Marriot.

Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

the Courtyard that I am referring to is at 460 Main St. Hyannis

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

oops, sorry! (that's why I asked and posted the link..I wasn't sure which it was).

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

Is this the old howard johnson's? I think it is...I don't think we have reviews here.

I hope (as you did) that people who have stayed there can comment. I've not stayed there.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: courtyard resort main st hyannis ( timeshare)

Yes. its the old Howard Johnson.

Have read many rooms have the old ""murphy beds" that ya pull down from the wall. Read a few reviews on my timeshare site, and people pretty much REALLY gave it negative reviews.