We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
858 posts
279 reviews
Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Just a few short weeks until our trip to Nantasket Beach!!!!! I am very disorganised for this trip - it just seems to have come up on us very quickly. I realise we are going to spend our time split between settling our son into college in Boston and taking a breather in our vacation rental. I have been investigating nice restaurants in the Hull area - but I am a bit confused as reviews seem to differ between reviewers quite dramatically. I like to stick with the advice of members with a trusted track record - rather than somebody who has joined Trip Advisor to 'rant' about a particular establishment - and then never be seen or heard of again. Unfortunately there seems to be an abundance of these one off reviewers on the Hull restaurant forum!!! Can anybody recommend a few nice places for dinner??? We are not too fussy eaters - as we will have almost 3 weeks here - we are open to all budgets.

Edited: 8:28 am, July 27, 2011
14 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

For good sandwiches: http://www.weinbergsbakery.com/menu.html

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
858 posts
279 reviews
2. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Mahj. I am drooling just reading their menu. Sounds fantastic.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Haven't been to this place in years, but used to like it. Maybe someone has experience with it more recently: http://jakesseafoods.com/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,993 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Nantasket is not known as a gastronomic delight. Most of the restaurants are just fine. Weinberg's has won some awards.

Hingham Lobster Pound also get some good reviews.

I would include Hingham, Cohasset and Scituate in your review search as they are relatively close towns. But, from where you are staying, I think you will find that you won't want to eat out too often as the drive down Nantasket Av can be slow going at times as access to the peninsula is limited and one lane (each way) once you reach Nantasket Av. The parkway from 3a is 2 lanes, I think, which will be reduced to one which contributes to the traffic.

You don't understand what I mean yet, but you will. There are a number of good restaurants in Hingham Sq (North St) which are a little more upscale. http://www.thesquarecafe.com/

yelp.com/biz/hingham-lobster-pound-hingham

ssliving.com/South-Shore-Living/…

Best suggestion is to just talk to the very friendly neighbors and get some suggestions. Wouldn't worry too much about planning this out.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
858 posts
279 reviews
5. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Is this the control freak coming out in me????!!!!! I suppose past trips were more regimental with activities/itineraries etc. Will take your advice and ear mark the places suggested - and take 'pot luck' on some others.

Edited: 10:05 am, July 27, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,993 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

It's part therapy here as well. :) I forgot to say that I asked a friend who lives year round in Nantasket for some suggestions- very close to where you will be- and will forward when I hear from her.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,413 posts
7. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

I had a lovely dinner at Bridgeman's about three weeks ago. We had drinks and appetizers on their new patio and a nice meal inside afterwards. I had scallops and they were delicious. http://www.bridgemansrestaurant.com/

I have friends who always stop at Jake's Seafood when they go to Nantasket.

Another friend had lunch at Beach Fire restaurant two weeks ago and said it's a better place to have a drink then to eat.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,993 posts
54 reviews
8. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Recs from a native...jakes, la dalat, ocean fire for cocktails only and sunset. C note for blues music tosca's in hingham but need a reservation.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Alma Nove at the Hingham Shipyard is INCREDIBLE. Owned by Mark, Donnie and Paul Wahlberg (who is the head chef). Amazing Italian, a bit more upscale, but definitely worth a trip.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
858 posts
279 reviews
10. Re: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)

Been away for a bit - just saw your suggestions - thank you so much. Cannot believe how fast the holiday has come upon us. Lots of stress and drama!!!!

My sons accommodation fell through last week - but we managed to get another (which is even nicer and closer to BC). Just need to sort out a few last mins bits. We hired a vehicle too - looking forward to some nice drives. My sincere thanks for all the trouble you have gone to for us.

Reply to: Good restaurants in Hull (Nantasket Beach)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted