We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whithey and Thayer biking

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Whithey and Thayer biking

Hi, me and some friends are thinking of biking in the Whitney and Thayer area. Is there a bike rental nearby? thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whithey and Thayer biking

Hmm, I do not know of any in the area, but the Eastern Mountain Sports store in Hingham:

www.ems.com/shop/index.jsp… will know who rents bikes -- if anyone does. There are a few guys who work there who are avid mountain bikers and will have a good answer for you. Also -- you'll want a mountain bike in those woods. Look too at Wompatuck State Park, which connects to Whitney and Thayer Woods... and take a ride on Atlantic Avenue and Jerusalem Roads on Cohasset -- some of the prettiest roads around!

BKK
Level Contributor
553 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whithey and Thayer biking

www.nantasketbeachbikes.com/services.html

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,284 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whithey and Thayer biking

Wompatuck is a nice ride all through the woods. I'd be a little nervous to bike on Jerusulem road as it's very hilly and very twisty. Seems like an accident waiting to happen. There's no doubt though that is the best view around as it's all along the water with gigantic houses. Simply breath taking.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whithey and Thayer biking

I ride Jerusalem Road about 6 times a week. It's fine. FWIW, every kid learning to drive is on those nice roads in Wompatuck.

Edited: 10:48 am, July 12, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,284 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whithey and Thayer biking

I've only rode on bike paths in Wompatuck state park. There's no car access that I've seen, other than for park vehicles.

Reply to: Whithey and Thayer biking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted