We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charters

Syracuse, New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Fishing Charters

Looking for a fishing charter (not a party boat) and hotel for a birthday present for my husband and father-in-law. Any recommendations? Also, when would be the best time for them to go?

Thanks for your help!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,746 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Charters

New England's largest (14 boats) charter fleet is on Cape Cod. Do you need to go all the way to Gloucester?

http://rockharborcharters.com/

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Charters

I thought it better to try to help with your original question here on the Gloucester Forum rather than your new question about Gloucester posted elsewhere. I have no experience with fishing boats, serious or party style, but found two old threads that may give you some leads for a non-party boat charter:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41580-i972-k46513…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41580-i972-k19839…

For hotels, you might consider extending your search to include inns, B&Bs, and motels in Rockport, Essex, and Ipswich. Hope this helps a little.

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Charters

You should try www.Coastalfishingcharters.net or www.charliescharters.com both are reputable fishermen that take small groups of 1 to 6 people out at a time for Striped bass, bluefish, tuna and in some cases deep sea fishing for cod and haddock. I do not know what type of accommodations that you prefer but I can offer a few suggestions. The Bass Rocks Ocean Inn will be your most luxurious with vast ocean views, The Good Harbor Beach in is directly on a beautiful beach however they could use an updating in their rooms. The Cape Ann Marina Resort has a nice indoor pool bar updated rooms and one of the best seafood restaurants directly across the street The Causeway a real local joint but great fresh food

4. Re: Fishing Charters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 20, 2014