We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer driving to Cape Ann

Bethel, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
summer driving to Cape Ann

Dear All: I am hoping to work out a last minute trip to Cape Ann this month or next. It will likely be for a long weekend, but may need to resort to a weekday getaway if I can't find weekend accomodations.

Question: Mapquest is telling me it will take about 3.5 hours to get to Gloucester from Danbury, CT.

How rough does traffic tend to be during the summer on I-90 E and I-95 N? Do you have any recommendations for getting there?

Staying there?

Thanks in advance from one last-minute traveller in need of a great escape!

Gloucester on Cape...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: summer driving to Cape Ann

Welcome to Gloucester!

Try to avoid I90 and 95 at rush hours. Instead, plan to be on the road 10A-3P.

Avoid coming through Boston.

Instead, consider skirting west around the City (495) and then cut East to Cape Ann. It's round about, but not as congested.

Weekends are the worst, especially 95 or 93 N or S.

I hope this helps-

2. Re: summer driving to Cape Ann

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 05, 2009