We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

Gloucester Taxi seems to do it via pre-booking for between $60-70. I'm fine with that. However not familiar with the company and wonder if anyone would recommend for that service or other taxi company. Limo type services are too expensive. Short on time so not taking public transit.

5 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

That seems very low for a taxi from Logan to Gloucester. I would go for that. Question for you is how are you going to get around the North Shore once you're there? If the answer is "I don't know", then maybe you should reconsider and rent a car from Logan.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

that does sound really cheap.

What time of what day? Using public transport at least in part wouldn't necessarily take longer.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

It's a stay put visit with friend so don't need car. It's $75 from Logan and $70 to plus gratuity as per their website and they said they need a few weeks pre-booking. I've emailed flight details and once I hear back from them will call with credit card.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

Re public transit I get in early evening so not so good. I considered it going back. However when I do the math...taxi to Gloucester train, train fare, 25 pmus gratuity taxi from North Station not a lot of difference and more convenient.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle or taxi from Logan?

I've booked with Fishermen's Taxi instead. Same rates, better reviews and better phone experience. Never heard back from Gloucester Taxi to my email as they said they were too busy to take details when I phoned.

Reply to: Shuttle or taxi from Logan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted