We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wellington, fl
Level Contributor
171 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

This is going to be kind of short because mostly what we did involved the "feeding schedule" of one of the adults (?) in our group....and, the fact that it rained a lot while we were there.

But, I wanted to thank all who responded to my querries regarding a place for Easter dinner...Coonamessett Inn would have been the best choice but we ended up at Nimrod Inn (charming but the food left a bit to be desired; however, it was less expensive than CI). The librarians at the Falmouth Library were really helpful & so nice...with our touristy questions. And, we used the computers there a lot!!

Really, everyone in Falmouth seemed cordial, fun, helpful...and, I think the downtown shopping area (along with the main street in Chatham) were wonderful...like small towns used to be. I wish we had seen more of the gardens, etc. in Falmouth...but I'm already planning a return trip next year...we never even got to Martha's Vineyard due to the weather.

Special thanks to CapeCodCharlie for his off-forum recommendations....and, here's a restaurant tip: A new (as of 8/2010) Mexican restaurant, Anejo, has some very very good food and it's a nice looking restaurant too.

One regret is that I never got my up-scale meal at The Glass Onion because they were closed on Sun., Mon & Tues (probably because it's off-season) ; Tues. being the only day I got to choose a restaurant.! But, I have that to look forward to next visit.

I've posted several reviews of restaurants & activities that we experienced during our trip. Again, thanks for the assistance.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

Glad you had fun and that you are planning a return trip. Is the new Mexican restaurant in Falmouth? I didn't see that. Thanks.

wellington, fl
Level Contributor
171 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

Sorry, I was unclear on that. Yes, the new Mex. restaurant (Anejo) is in Falmouth on Main St. right next to the side alley you told me about in order to find the Visitor's Center. My fiance & I didn't eat there; but, we looked at the menu and it had lots of interesting choices; not just the run-of-the-mill items usually found on a Mexican menu...yet had the old standbys as well.

His sister & her husband were celebrating their anniv. and they ended up eatting here...they just raved about the food...especially the queso (which I believe I read on the menu was made with 3 or 4 diff. cheeses).

I wish my fiance's family had not sold his grandmother's house on Walker St. because it's really a charming town and I'd love to be able to come to Falmouth during FL's hot & humid summers.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

Regarding your wish at the bottom...it's less expensive to rent for the season or a month than it is to buy and keep up a house year round. So plan to come up to the Cape each summer and, as a bonus, you can rent in a different area each season! How's that for an idea?

wellington, fl
Level Contributor
171 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

Great idea...if my fiance wasn't such a "buy-only" kind of guy...hope you get to try out the Anejo restaurant....those killer Mai Tai's at Peking Palace were almost worth the trip alone. Can't get over how charming & down-to-earth Falmouth was!

5. Re: Falmouth Easter Weekend & Trip Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 29, 2012