We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or train to Falmouth?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or train to Falmouth?

Dear locals, I am planning my trip to the Cape without a car so need to find a way to get 1. to the Cape and 2. Be near the ferry drop point for either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. I understand that there is a bus from Logan or Boston to Falmouth or Woods point? I checked the Peter Pan bus schedule but it only schedules until end of Sept - does this mean it does not run in October? From my research it appears that Falmouth is my best bet for accomodation to be near the ferry's and still see a lovely town for a few days of relaxing before heading to NYC. Can anyone confirm my transport options?

Many thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or train to Falmouth?

You're okay. I believe their website only allows purchases up to 4 months in advance. You''ll just have to wait until October appears and then you can purchase your tickets.

There is no train service to anywhere on Cape Cod. How do you plan to get to NYC from Cape Cod? Will you be taking another bus or will you be taking the train from Boston or Providence?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or train to Falmouth?

Thanks for the tip - I will need to go back to Boston and then catch a train to NYC - I believe the train trip is nice and about 3 hours...I am just at the moment trying to plan my trip to the Cape with out a car if possible (once I am there I just plan to rest)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or train to Falmouth?

Keep in mind that you can also take Peter Pan bus from Falmouth to New York with a change of buses in Providence. Likewise you can take the bus to Providence and then the train the rest of the way. Whether this is faster or more convenient than going via Boston really depends on the schedules.

The train between Boston and New York is 3.5 hours on the faster, more expensive Acela service and 4+ hours with the regular service.

4. Re: Bus or train to Falmouth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, November 29, 2010