We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea crest hotel

salem ma.
Level Contributor
127 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
sea crest hotel

going labor day week end with a 4 year old. what child friendly restaurants can you suggest in the area. also if anyone has been to the sea crest what can you tell me about the ocean side and ocean front rooms and if it is a rainy day with a 4 year old?????thanks

Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea crest hotel

I stayed overnight at the Seacrest Resort last summer. When you read the reviews on it right here on TA a lot of the TA reviewers explained it to a "T". It's like staying at an older Holiday Inn, it's not that you need flip flops at all times across their rug and a can of Lysol in your hands or anything! It's definitely cleaner than that. You'll be surprised. It's just that the rooms need to be updated quite a bit. We still liked it there any way! The selling point is having Old Silver Beach right at your window. You're going to love, love love that beach. It's one of the prettiest beaches around. They have plenty of lounge chairs for you and towels. There's an indoor pool and an outdoor one. A cute stand out near the pool for soft drinks or frozen pina colada's etc...it's really nice that way. The grounds are kept up, so when you drive up to the resort, you're going to think it's nicer than it is. The rooms are like I said, like the old version of the Holiday Inn rooms as one of the reviewers alluded to. She's right about that estimation, they are!

You'll be busy, it's a nice time of year to get away. Do you have a GPS? See if you can get to Seafood Sam's:

Try to go there for lunch with your 4 year old. They have other things on their menu besides seafood, like those chicken tenders that all kids have to have!

Here's a list of ice cream stands in Falmouth. I know the Dairy Queen is at 839 Main Street, so remember that. ALSO Smitty's Too is at 402 No. Falmouth Hwy., No. Falmouth not too far from the Seacrest, it's REALLY good, so put that one on your agenda. We always have to scout it out when we're down thru there, they have excellent ice cream!

Ben & Bill's Chocolate Emp

209 Main Street, Falmouth, MA

508 548-7878

Dutchland Farms Ice Cream

809 Main Street, Falmouth, MA

508 548-9032

Smitty's Homemade Ice Cream

326 E Falmouth Hwy., East Falmouth, MA

Smitty's Too 402 N Falmouth Hwy., North Falmouth, MA 508 564-7661

There's the Clam Shack in Falmouth Harbor on Clinton Ave., there's Betsy's Diner on Main Street in Falmouth. There's a 99 Restaurant @ 30 Davis Straits in Falmouth, there's also one in Mashpee if you're cruising around thru both areas.

There's a really good TJ Maxx in Falmouth that you could check out AND also try to get to the Mashpee Commons while you're down there! It's GREAT, you'd like this whole complex. It's much better than it ever was actually. I was there when they first opened several years ago and it's SO much better there now. They have over 90 shops and quite a few cafes and restaurants now. It's awesome to walk thru there shopping or browsing or having breakfast or lunch:

Look for the Tea Shoppe at 26 Steeple Street, that's where we stopped. really quaint and good dessert stop! Wait till you see it, I hope it's not too crowded though when you hit it. They have the best best raspberry scones here among their various yummy items:

Okay, I'll stop now, you've got enough out of me now, LOL!

Enjoy your get away. I just hope you have nice sunny skies. If not, well you can always take a ride thru there & head to Mashpee Commons or if it's really pouring out, you can always go see Ponyo at the movies! Here's info for the theater in North Falmouth near the Resort:

Regal Nickelodeon 5

742 Nathan Ellis Hwy.,

North Falmouth, MA, 02556

Good luck!

Whistle Stop Ice Cream Shop 854 Route 28A, West Falmouth, MA 508540-7585

Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea crest hotel

The National Marine Life Center is in Buzzards Bay and Labor Day weekend they're having an Arts & Crafts project for the kids, it's all day too, from 10 to 5PM. They make paper sea turtles, color a dolphin and all these other arts & craft projects going on to keep them entertained. You can call this Joanne at 508 743-9888 x302 to find out more about it or email her at JNicholson@NMIC.org

They just require a $3 per person donation for the materials they give out.

Here's their site with directions and more info on it in case you decide to go here:

There's also a bowling place in Falmouth where they have the kids bumper bowling lanes too, it's located at 23 Town Hall Square in Falmouth:

salem ma.
Level Contributor
127 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sea crest hotel

thanks leaving today and looking forward!!!!!!

4. Re: sea crest hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 02, 2010
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now