We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuffed Quahogs

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Topic
Stuffed Quahogs

Headed to Falmouth next weekend (from Dennis) to a party and would like to bring some stuffed quahogs - we used to go to a place (local bar Jake's ??) along Rt 28 that made their own.

Anyone have any suggestions for great tasting and well priced (buying a lot) stuffed quahogs along the way or near by

Thank you

Kate

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

Hi Kate,

There's this place I have been to before called Green Pond Seafood in East Falmouth that has really good stuffies. They claim they are "world famous", don't they all, lol. But they are good. I just looked them up and noticed there's a discrepancy on their price. One price is $1.95 and the other is $2.25. Here's the info if you want to call and see what the deal is.

Green Pond Seafood

366 Menauhant Ave.

E. Falmouth, MA

508-540-9499

There's two other places along the way that have more of a gourmet type stuffie. Wimpy's in Osterville at $3.75 and Falmouth Fish Market at $3.50

The final option is Whaler Seafood Specialty Market on Acushnet Ave. in New Bedford. You can get stuffies there for $1 but they are more mass produced there then the other places.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

Thanks Will

You amaze me you know SOOO MUCH about the cape and its environs and such details as well

Thanks for being such a great source of all things Cape Cod!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

Will

Forgot to mention ....you can tell you are from SE MA as you call them stuffies - My dad was from Tiverton/Fall River !! Kate

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

Your welcome Kate. Stuffie always seemed more appealing than stuffed quahog and it's easier to say. :) It's also a good trick for getting a non local to try one. Say stuffed quahog and visions of some type of stuffed pig dances through their head, lol. As far as the Cape goes, I know only enough to enjoy it. So many others, even those who don't live there, know a lot more than I do. I've had family living there for 20+ years, so I've been dragged around there quite a bit. :)

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

Jake's is long gone now. It's been replaced by yet another Dunkin Donuts. Will is right- Green Pond has the best stuffed quahogs- I wouldn't be surprised if Jake's got theirs from them.

If you want to dine out, the British Beer company in Falmouth Heights has a very good stuffer as does the Quarterdeck on Main Street. Try the "surf and turf"- a stuffer and a hot dog!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

Thanks Mainstream

We are doing our annual girls getaway weekend in Falmouth - we always hit the BBC for a great night out - good music and few laughs about how old we are now!!

Thanks

I hope the girls enjoy the quahogs!!

I will file a their full critique !!LOL

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

A full critique?

Have I ever mentioned how bad the stuffies are from Green Pond? Definitely don't buy from those guys, lol.

8. Re: Stuffed Quahogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 29, 2009