We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on name of small restaurant

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help on name of small restaurant

We were in Falmouth a while back and had chowder & fritters at a small restaurant on the way to the Island Queen on the left..the food was great ..have friends going in a few weeks but can't remember the name so that they can go there....any help? Thanks

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

Was it the Clam Shack ?

www.falmouthvisitor.com/TheClamShack.htm

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

Thank you Milemarker0 but that is not it...this did not have Italian food it had seafood fried clams chowder fritters fish it was by no means fancy and you could eat outside or inside...I think this was on Falmouth Heights Road a little bit beore the Island Queen on the left..looked like a small white bungalow

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

Not sure where you got that the Clam Shack served Italian....it's a whole in the wall that serves fried seafood....it would be across from the Island Queen though....can't think of anything on Falmouth Heights Road...hope somebody else has an idea.

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

Sorry milemarker0...that was from a [private message that mentiond Sabitino's....the clam shack is on Grand ave which Falmoth Rd turns into so maybe that is it but somehow the name doesn't sound right...thanks anyway

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

If you cut and paste that link I mentioned, there is a drawing of the building....that should confirm or dismiss it....

www.falmouthvisitor.com/TheClamShack.htm

Unfortunately if that IS it....it closes this weekend.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

I sent you a message, but one last guess....

K K Codders...?

http://www.kkcodders.com/

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

That is what I thought it was but that is not on the road near the Island Queen unless I am wrong

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

I did get a private message yesterday that it has been sold and now has a new name but they don't know it...what I need is the old name as we have not been there recently....someone I know is going down in a few weeks so I'll have them check it out because they are taking the boat to Martha's Vineyard

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

Is it near Holiday Cycles, the bicycle rental place? Unfortunately, I'm away from home for a few weeks, otherwise I'd drive by and scout it for you. I think I know the place you mean, though. Order at the window and grab a picnic table, at most a five minute walk from the Island Queen, on the same road as the IQ, but across the street. I'll drive by when I get home, but it won't be until Sept. 20th or so. If it sounds like the place I'm describing, maybe you could call Holiday Cycles 508-540-3549 and they would know.

In any event, I'll take a drive by and check. I'm embarrassed to say I drive by there ten times a week, but don't really pay attention.

Harry

Cape Cod, MA
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help on name of small restaurant

Hello JoanL,

The name of the restaurant was named The Food Bouy until 2003

than it became Rodino's Italian until 2006 (both served breakfast). Now it's Sabatino's Italian. I hope this helped.

Stanton Terrell

www.falmouthvisitor.com